WTB Pair of Heresy Woofers FS very old working pair

I bought a pair of 1972 Heresy's that had the C crossover and the older woofers with the small magnets. Nice looking components, but the crossovers sound like crap and the woofers just don't put out like they should.

I'm restoring the cabinets of another pair of Heresy's that had lot's of issues with components, so I put the components from the 72's into the restored ones, but I don't want to sell them with those woofers, they just don't sound right. So I need a nice pair of Heresy woofers. If someone would like a pair of the older ones for some reason, give me a shout. They look pretty cool and they work fine, just not up to the newer ones. gregroberts@roadrunner.com

Greg

I bought a pair of 1972 Heresy's that had the C crossover and the older woofers with the small magnets.... If someone would like a pair of the older ones for some reason, give me a shout. They look pretty cool and they work fine....

Those are probably the Alnico ones (magnet picture would confirm this)... they are leaner on the bass and had a smaller x-max... but don't require shielding for centre channel use. Some tube-rollers swear by Alnico btw... so you may be able to trade for a pair of mud magnet ones in similar condition.

ROb

They are Alnico K22's that you have... 2mm x-max if a recall and comes with built in shielding. Hope that helps you find a taker... people have a more romantic view of alnico woofers than they do of "old ones".... [:P]

Wanna trade the C's for a pair of E crossovers? E's are nice, not recapped yet but clean, etc.

No thanks. I've got a pair of E's from another set that I'm going to use. I'll be selling the C's though.

I would like to trade the older woofers for newer ones if anyone is interested.

Greg

Greg -

Not sure if this would help, but I have a single Heresy woofer (an extra) from the pair of '72s that you re-veneered for Gary. I bought the Zebrawoods (Heresys, not his Cornwalls) from him last year and he gave me an extra square magnet K22 woofer. He had replaced it in the Heresy pair because it had the red foam ring and he wanted all black as the woofers are exposed. I don't know if it's a K-22-E, but I can check when I get home this evening. If it will help you, it's yours.

BTW, I haven't said this before, but the job you did on them is spectacular. I know you did the job for Gary, but I am thrilled to have them in my home now.

Chuck

Thanks, but I need a matching pair.
I'm thinking of going with the Layne replacements or the K24 from
Klipsch.

As far as i know, "Layne" has gone missing in action... leaving you Klipsch, or maybe BEC has some older ones in stock...

Greg,

Do those woofers have the orange(or is it red) surrounds? I have a pair of H700's(Heresy 1) where the owner put newer Klipsch woofers in them and I always wanted to restore them back to original. I could be up for a trade if they do.

They're stored for the moment but I can see exactly what I have in them later tonight.

I have a beautiful pair of k22's that were in a pair of H700's that I'd sell if you wanted. Don't really need a trade back, too much stock here as it is.

I don't mean to tread on Greg's pair for sale. If his will work for you Scott, please buy from him first. They are the same type.

I don't know what they are worth. I sent you PM back. Will take pix tomorrow.

I hate to split up a set, but I butchered the cabinets big time. Should have veneered and saved them. The drivers are mementos of a mistake.

Sorry PWK.

Michael

Here's a picture of what the fronts look like.

If the woofers in your Heresy's were replaced with newer ones, they might be just what I'm looking for.

Greg

Greg,

The "newer" woofer in mine are still back from the 70's. K-22-E stamped on them. The woofers I'm looking for has orange or red surrounds. I've seen pictures of them somewhere before, I'll have to search forum. Here is a picture of the inside of my old H700

post-15692-13819334138836_thumb.jpg