LaScala 11

cwm2

One thing about the La Scala, if you like that "BIG OLE HORN" sound.. like a lot of people in here, you may own them the next 20- 30 years.. Regardless of price, that means YEARS of enjoyment! The newer ones are prettier, seem to go a tad lower.... a little more smoother.... from top to bottom.

Where else in Hi Fi can you still be happy 30 years plus? Not many...

Two shops in BC have La Scala IIs listed at $7000CAD per pair (discount price).

If you're in or near Toronto, Replay Electronics in Etobicoke has a pair of 1990 La Scalas for $2500CAD plus a new pair of La Scalas (original type, new in box) for $4999CAD.

Replay Electronics is at http://www.replayelectronics.com/

Thank you very much for this information and also to the others who replied...BTW, I've been around these forums for quite awhile but lost my original 'name' and password so I had to create a new identity....Thanks for the welcome!!

RJP

I have had my LaScalla II's for about three months now and they sound better every time I crank them up......I have also hooked up my 30 year old Beogram 3404 and rediscovered the pleasure of vinyl and am getting ready to start recollecting 180 gram records.....

If the LaScalla II is in your future and you have the space go for it, they sound fantastic as a two channel system and are a great foundation for a HT system......

I have some photos posted on the forum under The heading of Trey- LaScalla II pictures which I believe are dated around the end of March.......Pictures are worth a thousand words and if you already are looking at some it could tempt you to take the plunge!

Later, Steve