WTB- Pair of La Scalas New England Are***

• Moderators

Thanks, speakerfritz, I will look into this before I list them. They might be "retro made" because I believe the movie takes place in the mid-80s... Weird that can bee viewed as a "period film" these days. I just felt old.

"I'll be listing some black La Scala II's on ebay"

Amy, these look like LaScala one's - no riser collar in between the bottom and top sections.

Fritz is right those are series I's in the photo, they don't have the riser or the 1" thick sides/top. Man I was getting my hopes up too! Thinking new center channel. [:D]

Thanks for all who have offered help to me, this really seems like a great place. It looks like I'll be picking up the Speaker Lab K-horns. At the price I just can't see a reason not to give them a shot. Due to travel and transportation issues it looks like I won't pick them up until next week. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

-tim

I really think you are going to like them, the bass response will be deeper than that of a La Scala. Back when I went from Belle's to Klipschorn's it was immediately apparent that the bass response was deeper. The T-350 tweeter is twice the size or more than the T-35/K-77 and it will extend further. I will make an effort to go and meet you when you pick them up from Wayne. I would love to drag you over and let you hear a 7.1 all Klipsch Heritage HT with dual Velodyne 15" Subwoofers and featuring four Klipschorn's. Wayne's system is equally as impressive he is running some high quality gear with modified 1973 Vertical Hard Rock Maple Cornwalls mated with an RSW-15 subwoofer. Yum!

I wouldnt go so far as to say equally impressive Chuck, but I do have sound quality and plenty of raw power at my disposal. Id like to thank Charles publicly for helping me out and finding a home for these. I am just too busy these days and with the addition of the lexicon DC-1 from Shawn i found what i was looking for.

Wayne