Tube Amps Ebay ?????

They are inexpensive and they look nice but the reviews are mixed especially regarding the build quality. I have not heard them but was considering giving them a shot several years ago.

Doesn't look as bad as I've read.

If I were going with Chinese made I would consider the Cayin Integrateds. We listened to the Cayin A88T at the Hope pilgrimage and it sounded wonderful.

If you do go with a Dared please share your thoughts with us.

I had a pair of them about 6 months ago. I didn't keep them long. I thought they were a little noisy for my tastes. They had a bit too much back ground noise in them. Even without a signal. I changed around the wires and IC cables to no avail. The guy that bought them is happy with them though. I might be a bit picky. I like 'em quiet.

I had the dared pre also. not bad for the money.

I had intended to keep them but They just fell a little short of what I expected.

I've been on a tube amp frenzy lately and listened to approximately 2 dozen different amps or so.

HarryO

I had a pair of them about 6 months ago. I didn't keep them long. I thought they were a little noisy for my tastes. They had a bit too much back ground noise in them. Even without a signal. I changed around the wires and IC cables to no avail. The guy that bought them is happy with them though. I might be a bit picky. I like 'em quiet.

I had the dared pre also. not bad for the money.

I had intended to keep them but They just fell a little short of what I expected.

I've been on a tube amp frenzy lately and listened to approximately 2 dozen different amps or so.

HarryO

Out of the many tube amps you have listened to what are your favorites so far?

Easy one here. MC75 Mac and the McAlister PP-150. Different flavors but both with beautiful and strong sound. It's a toss up. The Mac might be a bit smoother but the McAlister has unrivaled range and outstanding bass.

IMO. That and a buck will get you a small coffee.

HarryO

Camforu, Carl and I have a Dynaco ST70 (and soon) a set of Dynaco MarkIIIs up for sale that are a cut above the Dared. Read up on these and figure out what your budget is. A DIY run, or sending them off to Craig at NOSValves, and you can have a trouble free amp(s) that are a great way to get into tubes.