Skeptical of online shopping...

Goon

I am looking for a pair of RS-3II surrounds, so I went to Yahoo and did a search. It brought up dozens of Yahoo Shopping sites, and tons of "non-Yahoo" sites selling them from $349-$400/pair. That is much cheaper than the $550 price tag on them at my local Klipsch retailers like Tweeter.

Those prices have me a little skeptical. Are these reliable sources to buy from? Is it possible they are scams, or unauthorized dealers? If you buy from an unauthorized dealer, is the Klipsch warranty void?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Calling Klipsch is proabably my best bet here, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks mobile. Goon has been a long standing nickname for me since my college volleyball days. I walked into my first practice, coach took one look at me, turned to a player and said "Thats one big Goony mother ****er." Its been with me since that day.

I'm a 6'7", lanky, size 15 wearing, clumsy, slow Goon. Basically the personification of the word. What can you do.

I take it forresthump is in the Goon class too.

Malcom thanks. I can't see the "UNAUTHORIZED DEALERS" link from work because I am using a Solaris UNIX platoform, and an older version of Netscape, but I'll take a look at home in Internet Explorer.

This message has been edited by Goon on 12-18-2001 at 02:18 PM