Leaving to pick up the SL K-horns!

Hey all, thanks for all the help you have provided me over the last couple of weeks. I'm on my way to Wayne's place now to pick up my new (to me) Speakerlab K-horns. I've got 3+ hours of driving ahead of me each way, but I can't wait to get these things set up! Thanks to Wayne for being great so far, and big thanks to Charles for putting me on to this deal. I'll let you all know how it turns out

-tim

Wow, fine is not even the word for it! These things are amazing. Thanks so much to Wayne and Charles for helping me get these in my house.

You guys don't know a lot about me, but I work in a/v sales and have heard a good majority of what is on the market today. I've also been saving for a few years to buy a set of speakers in the $10K retail class (at cost though). This buy was more of a "let's see" kind of thing just to see what kind of bang for your buck could be had from buying a unique vintage pair of Klipsch speakers. Well I've seen, or heard, and I'm a believer. There is no going back from Horn speakers now. Their presentation is so huge, life like, detailed, dynamic, and transparent. I can only compare the dynamics of these speakers to something like the Wilson Alexandrias in the $180K price range. They have the transparency and image placement of the best electrostats. They separate themselves, however, in their ability to bring life to instruments and vocals. When a cymbal is struck it continues to ring and extend into the room. When I piano is played it reverberates into the listening space. Guitars have lifelike size and character. There is height to the sound stage that fools you into thinking that the performers are really their. The bass coming from a folded horn cabinet is truly unique in how tight, punchy, and accurate it is.

I'm sorry for telling you guys what you already know, but it's new to me! I can't imagine myself being any happier with any of the $10K speakers I've auditioned over the past couple of years, and I've only scratched the surface with these things. As soon as I sell my current speakers I'll be buying some tube amps, and the gear to run True RTA so I can really dial these things in. Then when I get brave, I'll be setting these up with an active x-over system. It's almost scary to think what type of performance my system will be capable of at that point.

Once again thanks to all who have helped me over the past couple of weeks. Big thanks to Charles for giving me the heads up on these, I'm only sorry I got too late of a start today to stop by to meet you and enjoy your system. It was so nice to meet you today, Wayne, and thanks again for giving me such a great deal on a fantastic pair of speakers! I owe you one

-tim

Glad you got them, and are happy with them. Most of all you made the trip and arrived safely home. I have hooked a number of members on the forum up with Klipschorn's I think this will be my fifth pair.

Those speakers have tons of potential, they sound great just as they are but with some better components in the crossover network a switch over to the solder terminal K-55V's and some fresh wiring they will be serious contenders for anything out there. They look good too, just minor wear last I saw them.

Best of all Enjoy!!