ANY INTEREST IN A MARANTZ 8 b

yes i listed them very reluctantly, but to be very honest i am not worried about if they sell or not at this point, i sold my tnt and made up the money i needed for my closing costs on a house we are looking at, i also aquired a pair of welbourne labs laurel 300 B"s in the deal so i will be testing those tonight via digital and see how they stack up against the others

Joe

Joe,

I'm glad to see you're liking the SE-OTL's. If it weren't for their confounded 4 wpc when bridged, I would have kept mine in a heartbeat. With the higher output of the Jubes, I might get them again to see how they work. It was suggested to me (given my comments on my listening habits (higher volume)) that I might want to look at his 16 watt version instead of the SE's.

I just don't know... when the meter on my 2102 is peaking at 5 wpc (hooked to only the K402 horn) it's getting nice & crispy loud in there, pleasantly loud not overbearing. I listen to that kind of level probably 90% of the time if the wife's not home and I'm listening to some music.

The real drag for me is the other 10% of the time when the wife isn't home and I've got the meters on the 2102 peaking quite a bit higher than that (I might be outside or downstairs working, I'm NOT in the same room) I've even had them peaking at the 100 wpc mark for while. Again, to be clear, I'm NOT in the same room listening to them nor even on the same floor of house. I'm either outside or downstairs.

In that instance, the OTL simply will NOT work for me... yeesh... I want to have my cake and eat it too.

They are thus far, the most "involving sounding" amps I've had in my system (pre Jubes). I don't know how to describe it but they just seemed more real sounding in a way that I simply don't have the articulation to express.

Glad you have also found that out up to this point in your comparisons.

yes i do like the otl, but i have a new wrinkle i have added to the mix, i am looking at buying a house back home in ky and i had to put some money togeather for the closing and down-pmt. so i am selling the sun amps, and my vpi tnt (i hate selling but prioritys are a bi@!$) anyway the tnt sold in less than 1 hour and i took it to the buyers house he had a pair of welbourne laurel 300 B he was not using and priced them at 1000.00 of course i couldnt pass those up, so now i have another shoot out to deal with between the laurels and the otl's i can tell you this much for now the laurels dont put out as much noise as the otl's with the otl i can hear a hum / buzzing at the mouth of the horn once attuned to the noise i can hear it at my listening posistion, with the laurels i have to actually put my head inside the horn to hear any noise, this is with all cables and wires the same and the amps in the exact same posistion, could be a symetry thing but i am inclined to like the laurels right now...............of course all final decisions will wait till i get a turntable hooked up and test with my preferred listening material VINYL

ANYONE HAVE A TURNTABLE LAYING AROUND THEY WANT TO GET RID OF

Joe