Looking for a pair of Quartets

Morton

Hi Forum,

Finally ready to move up from my Kg's. Anyone out there have a pair of Quartet's in nice condition? Not Black. I live in the New England area but have family in Northeast Pennsylvania so am fairly flexible to going a distance to meet owner. Greatly appreciate feedback.

Thanks,

Bob

I appreciate the help...evidently not as many Quartet's around as Heresy's. Keep looking I will.

Just listened to Mannheim Steamroller's Fresh Aire III on the remastered, HDCD version. (I have the decoder built into my Denon 2910 DVD player.)

Just an amzing sound and remaster. This was the test record of the 1980's. If you have never heard the Fresh Airies series 1 thru 8, You are in for a sonic treat.

Beautiful, impacting, vital music. It sounds great on my KG3's. Can't imagine what it sounds like on LaScala's or Cornwall's. Whew!

If you can handle the slight size increase, you might also like to look at a pair of Fortes. There are more of them and they seem to run in the $450-$600 US range. The forte is a very good sounding speaker for rock as it goes deeper than many Klipsch speakers. It's actual footprint on the floor is about the same size as the Quartet, but gives you a 12" woofer. It is worth the look, IMHO.

Forte: 35.4" (89.92cm) x 16.5" (41.91cm) x 12" (30.48cm)

Quartet: 31.2" (79.25cm) x 15.9" (40.39cm) x 12.25" (31.12cm)

I would certainly consider Forte's. They are also tough to find in my neighborhood. My living room might be a little small for the Forte's sound. But!

If I run into a pair in the $450 range I would probably grab them. Like what I've heard about the tractrix horn though....would want the II's. The Quartet has only a tractrix I believe.

these forte's have been on the list for a few months now off and on. originally 650.00 i think.

they are just about 10 minutes away from me and i they keep tempting me. how would they be compared to 1978 vintage heresy's i have now?

what are the differences between forte l and ll? from my reading the forte ll seem to be preferred over the forte l's.

Stick with Quartets or Forte II's for your wish list. You're in good company. If you're willing to travel, wrap them in nice blankies and ferry them home personally, you have the admiration of the true collectors here.

Patience will win out. You'll have them in your grasp soon enough.

Michael

wish you were closer...Hate to sell them but...I have a nice pair of Oiled Oak Quartets that I might let go but I won't ship them...been burned by the delivery gorillas...good luck...EXCELLENT sounding speakers...I have another pair for my Tube 2 channel 2nd system...I really should clean out some of my stuff...

Bill

Illinois Quartet's sound nice.....If I had a nice long weekend to do some serious driving I would come get em'.

I really enjoy the response's from eveyone. This truly is a great forum and I know the Forte's are a great speaker but my living room is only 12"X15" and I think the room would be a little over matched with them. And I would want the II's and I don't know if my budget would get me there. The Quartet's are a bit shorter and I think I could make them fit. Been wanting to move up for a long time but you know how it is. Some things just take a while. Saying all that I will be patient and see if some New England Quartet's come along. If not I will probably find a pair of Heresy's and get a sub eventually. Seems like there are a lot of Heresy's out there. Thanks again guys.

Bob