Looking for a pair of Quartets

Morton

Bob,

I'm in CT too and I'm always on the lookout for Klipsch. I'll let you know if I encounter any. I'm after some "unknown" Klipsch models in Mass right now. The guys got the Klipsch speakers packaged with some Denon gear. He's getting me more details on the speakers. If they're Quartets, i'll send you the contact info.

I have cornwalls, heresys and rf-63s in my 12x12 living room. I only use one set at a time though. I reject the idea of a sound being to empirically too big for a room. you just don't have to turn it up as loud to fill the room. let me assure you the beautiful, full figured qualities of a large speaker like a cornwall or chorus are just as present in a small room. There's no need to be afraid of the sound from a large speaker. the only issue to overcome is waf or physical space. secondary concern might be decor, but I'm function over form all the way.

I love my Forte II at the office and I listen to my Quartets at home.

I believe you'll be better off with the Forte II. The Quartets are just a bit short and I built stands for them.

I would hold out for Forte II over Forte (I) because the tractix horn is exceptional. The Q's have the tractrix, too. And maybe the bigger passive on the FII is worth something over the FI.

Now don't take any of the above too seriously. If you get a line on a set of Q's nearby, you will not be disappointed in performance.

There is, IMHO, no issue that the Forte could be too big for a small room. They might be the best direct radiator bass speaker that Klipsch ever made.

Gil

Couldn't find the Quartets on the Home theater forum.

Appreciate the help and opinions.

I am also a form over function type but .....Quartets, Forte II's, Heresy's.....Probably couldn't afford the Forte II's right now but the Heresy's and Quartet's fit my budget a little better. Wouldn't turn down a pair of Forte II's though if I could find them in price range. Don't seem to be as many Klipschaholics up here in New England. Never heard Quartet's but have heard Heresy's enough and Forte's to figure the guy in the middle must sound pretty good.

Bob

I wonder if OB ment to type chorus ll's for sale.

there is a pair of chorus ll's for sale over in the home theater area.

You might be right about that...I might have mixed the two up....SORRY About that!!!.....Black Forte II's for $525.....Nice set of speakers

• 2 weeks later...

I recently upgraded from my Quartets. Now, I want to get them to a good home. I went on a spending spree and bought two sets of Chorus II's. Not sure why two, just couldn't stop myself. I live in Plymouth Ma. I don't know how to add pictures here, but I could send them via email. The quartets are in very good condition and have excellent sound. I paid $475 shipped three months ago and would like to get as much back as possible. Haven't yet hit CL or Audiogon or Ebay. You can have them tomorrow if you want them.

Morton has first option, but if he doesn't want them, then this is an open invitation.

Thank you.