Vintage Marantz

Arky

Arky,

Do you have any idea what will interchange with it? I've got a "boneyard" with a few old Marantz pieces in it. I know I've got a couple of the old marantz silvers laying around canabalized. 2235, a 2252, a couple of the old quads, and I'm not sure what else.

Harry

Arky, Which local tech are you using?

I still don't have my portable record player back and I dropped it off in March : (

Richard that does the crystal hill mall work. He has had it since the middle of January. Maybe he didn't even test it? I think i'll just go pick it up.

Arky,

Do you have any idea what will interchange with it? I've got a "boneyard" with a few old Marantz pieces in it. I know I've got a couple of the old marantz silvers laying around canabalized. 2235, a 2252, a couple of the old quads, and I'm not sure what else.

Harry

Harry, it looks like this 2245.

I don't know anything about it. Joshnich was nice enough to give it to me & i've been trying to get it fixed. Tech's are hard to find in Ark.

Arky, Which local tech are you using?

I still don't have my portable record player back and I dropped it off in March : (

Richard that does the crystal hill mall work. He has had it since the middle of January. Maybe he didn't even test it? I think i'll just go pick it up. 

Richard is a very nice guy and a hoot to talk with about vintage audio.  He doesn't strike me as dishonest but not very quick either. I am going to let him keep my record player until it is finished. It is a cool player he has to rebuild the tube amp and pickup which could take a while. The last I heard he was waiting for parts. Did you see the McIntosh MR67 he restored??? Damm was it nice.

Harry, it looks like this 2245

I looked in my boneyard and checked for tuner boards. I had 3 that were all similar. There were minor differences in all of them. I've no idea of the interchange on the boards but just guessing on this next statement. "If you're going to swap out boards make sure it is identical in every aspect". I'm no Marantz expert by any means but I have 2 2235s and both have minor differences on the boards. Different #s on them. I'd DEFINITELY find out what fits your model before you spend your money and the techs time.

Harry