Kg 4.2

bribri

Hello....

I just picked up a Vintage Pioneer SX-1050 120 watts per channel... I use to own a pair of Klipsch KG 4.2 years ago and loved them. Im looking to get another pair or some Klipsch loudspeaker that is comparable new or used, old or present. But I am on a Budget so I cant spend 700+ on a pair of speakers... Can anyone help?

The KG4.2, KG4.5, KG5.2, and KG5.5 all used the same tweeter so they should all have a very similar sound. Try looking on eBay. If you patient you should be able to get a pair for $400 or less. The KG4 also are a good speaker, and I've seen a couple sets on eBay lately. They use a different horn, but they should be somewhat similar to the 4.2s you used to have.

Bribri,

Welcome to the forum. My advice is to stick with used gear, but be patient. I got my KG 5.5s used for $300, and they are perfect. Sold my 3.2s for $275. I think there is a local seller in our area with a pair of 4.5s that didn't sell on Ebay, for under $300 in black. Check Ebay's closed auctions and email him. I love the KG series speaks, and they are such a great buy. They sound nothing like the newer reference, which I think are a bit inferior to my taste.

The KG4 is the most classic of all the KGs. Serious Kick-*** rock and roll speakers. Short and stout in comparison to the newer KG, and has a passive radiator in the rear instead of the front like the 4.2. Lot's of these available lately for around 3 bills.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Thanks for the reply's STL & t-man I will definitely be keeping my eyes on ebay. Unfortunately T-man I couldnt find the closed auction you were talking about. I would defintely love to find someone in our neighborhood selling some so I dont have to pay shipping for the,