Looking for a BBX/SS amp match

tk49

Just got my BBX from Mark, this is a big jump from my 1st generation Merlin. I'm currently using the amp section of my NAD 320 BEE to power my Forte II's. I have to say that the NAD does an amazing job, I compared it with a Harmon Kardon Citation 12 (veiled sound) an ADCOM GAF 555 (too sterile). I'm looking for a solid state with a tube sound, I heard a fellow members Conrad Johnson BBX combo feeding LaScala's, very nice, but the Forte's obviously have a different sound. I'm considering a CJ MF 2100 and a NAD 272. Before the Merlin and BBX I was running the Forte's with a Cayin TA 30, then a Cary SLI 80 SIG F1 and the BBX sound is far better, even running through the inexpensive NAD. This is some kind of sickness. Suggestions?

t

If you are he11 bent on SS. I would do this one.

When I bought my Sherwood Newcastle SS HT STUFF, I listenend to allot of B&K STUFF it was just over my price range at the time. If my HT stuff goes toes up O will buy B&K in the present day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/B-K-COMPONENTS-POWER-AMPLIFIER-ST-140_W0QQitemZ280125745810QQihZ018QQcategoryZ39783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem