question concerning La Scala crossover

Hi folks,

I finally received my La Scala (MK I) and have a question concerning the diplexer (I hope this is the right word for it):

two of the components on the diplexer seem to be a little twisted and I don't know if this is a point I should reclaim or not (see pictures below). I would be very happy if you could give me an advice. The sound is brilliant but could this affect the life expectancy of the displexer or the components?

post-26553-13819334804572_thumb.jpg

Too funny Duke, you're a nut.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the two resistors, where the leads are bent -- like they got pushed over a bit. No big deal, just gently push them back the other way and straighten them out.

"Diplexer" is filter jargon for two filters in parallel.

Indeed - my concerns are about the bend over power resistor leads. As you can see they are bent over on the side shown on the photo, on the opposite side they are buckled. I hope you understand what I mean - my English isn't too good in technical issues.

Thanks for the help (except the first comment)

Greetings from Germany,

Bernd

"Indeed - my concerns are about the bend over power resistor leads."

Don't worry about it.

I have 5 such boards in use and the componets came from the factory are bent in different directions .

@speakerfritz: this is really a relief to me. I already have some troubles with my Scala - the finish has some faults [:(]

And did you notice that the 'legs' of that resistor on the other side are bended to the shape of an 'U'? I tried to mark that in the pic below.

Kind regards,

Bernd

post-26553-1381933482931_thumb.jpg

Okay, thanks - I won't touch them. I thought that was unsual and that might be a point for a reclamation. Anyway I didn't pay too much for the Scalas - 3000.- Euros (about 4000.- USD) because they were remaining stock of the 'old' La Scala. But if I had paid the regular price of 7500.- Euros (about 10000 USD !) I would have been even more concerned.
To be honest I knew that the Scalas wouldn't show prime classe quality when I saw a pair at my hifi dealer for the first time... But I knew that for 3000.- Euros the sound would be unbeatable...

Kind regards,

Bernd

Okay, thanks - I won't touch them. I thought that was unsual and that might be a point for a reclamation. Anyway I didn't pay too much for the Scalas - 3000.- Euros (about 4000.- USD) because they were remaining stock of the 'old' La Scala. But if I had paid the regular price of 7500.- Euros (about 10000 USD !) I would have been even more concerned.

To be honest I knew that the Scalas wouldn't show prime classe quality when I saw a pair at my hifi dealer for the first time... But I knew that for 3000.- Euros the sound would be unbeatable...

Glad to hear you're liking the sound of your Scalas. Do many people in your city have them?

Well, I just know one guy who also has Klipsch Speakers. In Germany people tend to buy speakers that fit into their living rooms, meaning small, slim and designed speakers. So in fact I'm the only one I know who has these speakers. I've been looking for great speakers for about two years and checked different pairs by Thiel, B&W, Revel, Audio Note, Avalon, etc. Then one day I found an advertisement, offering the Scalas for 3000.- Euros - I listened to them and bought them :-)

Then one day I found an advertisement, offering the Scalas for 3000.- Euros - I listened to them and bought them :-)

I know the feeling well!!!! Congratulations on your new acquisition!! [:D]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />