Looking for a dbx decoder

Dave,

I surely under-utilize mine I use it exclusively to enhance/improve the audio signal coming from my Digital Satellite Dish receiver. Many channels are highly compressed the the DBX unit brings them back to life restoring the sparkle to the highs and the immediacy to the effects making things much more realistic sounding. When used in conjuction with it's sister unit the 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Electronic Crossover it is tough combination to beat.

A cool thing to try that works really well and gives you independent channel control is to use two 4BX units, since the DBX VCA's (Voltage Controlled Amplifier's) are mono triggered I used some good "Y" adapters and dedicated a unit to each channel. The soundstage and presentation improved quite a bit and you can adjust the channels independent of one another. I have done this with 4BX's, 3BX-DS's (my favorite combo), and 5BX-DS's. The 5BX-DS is more of a downward expander and does not expand upwards unless the signal is greater than 7dbV which is not that common.

Their gear was very well built and I have never had any noise or anomolies in my system when using the older DBX consumer group gear. Their 14/10 Computer Equalizer/Analyzer/RTA/SPL Meter is an incredible unit as well. Pretty too!

Sorry Mike,

Unfortunately, that is one that I do not have. I would like a copy too actually since I have an original 3BX as well. I might have to break down and get one from a eBay seller.

I searched the net briefly for a .pdf copy but came up empty.

Frzninvt , et. al., soorry for the delay in posting, one of the worst work weeks in my career. I will respond soonest via email / PM. I am certain I have the 400x, 224x and 3DBIII manuals here for anyone who wants them. AS soon as I get a breath, I will scan them if you want anyone or all. I'll even post all the manuals I have to share if there's a desire. I would rather not split the DBX group up as there are family bought together but I may be persuaded.