Speaker A vs. Speaker B - KlipschFest

"Incidentally, I feel it's a little
short-sighted of Klipsch not to include classical music selections in
such tests, since I believe there's great value in being sure
that Klipsch products sound good on all types of music including
classical as well as the rhythmic, high transient-response demo
material that seems to dominate."

Excellent point Larry. That is why I included Jazz, Pop, Rock and Classical on the 18 minute Listening Room CD that I prepared for the Pilgrimage. I do not have input into the tracks given to listeners in the A/B tests.

My husband went in around 4:?? pm. One of the things he noticed.... He's a musician and his main #1 thing is Sax.... Says that B was a winner with the 'correct' tone of the sax. Same with Trumpet. Said they had the more accurate tone. I'm not talking clarity/detail here... but tone. IDK. But that's what he said. Course who knows what B was or A for that matter. LOL

The fact that Klipsch switched them up sure makes it a bit difficult to have a convo about it huh? I'm curious about the placement of the speakers behind the curtain also. One sounded REALLY in the center for me. Almost like a center channel direction thingy. That was B. I wonder if maybe A was on the sides and B was placed vastly different than A? I want a diagram! :)

Maybe different types of speakers? A test of something like a tractrix vs. expo? I mean, would everyone agree that beyond the speakers themselves, the difference in projection, etc. was mega extreme? I want to know why. OK I'll be patient. I guess the theory that they were the same speakers has been disproven. I'm pissed cuz I was excited about that as a possibility. It would have been super fun.

"Lisa,

The funny thing is that Caroline was picked so I tagged along and did it with her, as you and your husband did Caroline and I both pretty much wrote the same coments and we never discused or talked with each other during or right after. we turned in or papers and then found out what each other thought. Our impressions were that A was the better choice it had a bigger sound stage and the clairity was alittle better. We both thought B had a little more bass but it was muffled a little. A was more in your face and B was more off in the distance."

Customsteve,

I found your description extremely accurate as to what I listened to. The only noticable difference is your " A" was my "B".

Harry

BTW, if I haven't said it enough, Thanks to everyone at Klipsch. Top notch guys and gals.