Heresey II vs Chorus I

dkalsi

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say, that if I was presented with this dilemma, I would buy them both. But, I have an addiction to Klipsch. In fact, I'm probably the only one on this forum with this particular affliction.

Tom

What Tom said. I own both. very similar voice, Chorus is almost as bassy as a Cornwall.

In fact, I'm probably the only one on this forum with this particular affliction.

lol, you have no idea...

so how many pairs are you up to? I can think of one eccentric guy with 100 Klipsch speakers [:o]

I am at 8 pairs of Klipsch , down from 9. I sold a pair of black KG4's. I like the look of wood grain better. I don't think I'm done yet. Still have the Lascalla's, Belle's, Klipschorn's, and now damn it, the Jub's to get.

Just curious, have you heard a Chorus before oldbuckster?

The Chorus I (1986-1990) turned into the Chorus II which ran into 1996.

- the market wanted skinnier speakers so out came the KLF-30 (basically

a Chorus II with dual 12's instead of the single 15). Even skinnier was

required so the Reference line came out after 2001. The Cornwall II was

discontinued when the Chorus II came out in 1990. I've heard that the

Chorus I was supposed to be the Cornwall replacement so maybe they had

a lot of extra stock to sell up? Or maybe they waited for the Chorus II

to be an actual serious improvement. The Cornwall III was only revived

as part of the recent Heritage revival. I think I got my history right,

but the point is that I don't think anyone disagrees that the Cornwall

is better than a Heresy...and the Chorus line was the replacement for

the Cornwall.

Now if you make your statement from actually listening, that's a

totally different thing. ButI don't think the full history of the product doesn't

draw the same conclusions you have. At least not from a sonic perspective.

I own chorus I's and heresy I's not II's. The chorus has it all over the heresy. And I'm not saying by any means that the heresy is not any good. Its really a nice little speaker. But the sound of the chorus is much much larger than any heresy I've ever heard.

Dave

Heresy II's..................The Heresy Line is still in production.........What about the Chorus'...discontinued?

Chorus by far. I own Chorus 1's and Heresy III's, the sound of the Chorus is so much more substantial. I do like my Heresy III's quite a bit, but if Klipsch still made Chorus I would buy them in a heartbeat. I don't think the Chorus was discontinued because it was an inferior speaker but more due to its size in a market that was going away from big boxes.

- Jim

Oh my gosh! That is an easy one, the Chorus is way better. I own both, it is not even close. While the Heresy II is much better than a Heresy, it falls far short of the Chorus. It is unfortunate that the Chorus/ Chorus II line was discontinued as Dr. Who pointed out due to the popularity of narrow designs. The Chorus did surpass the Cornwall in most cases, I think people interpret the less dampened bottom end of the Cornwall as better bass than the Chorus tight bass.

Just curious, have you heard a Chorus before oldbuckster?

The Chorus I (1986-1990) turned into the Chorus II which ran into 1996. - the market wanted skinnier speakers so out came the KLF-30 (basically a Chorus II with dual 12's instead of the single 15). Even skinnier was required so the Reference line came out after 2001. The Cornwall II was discontinued when the Chorus II came out in 1990. I've heard that the Chorus I was supposed to be the Cornwall replacement so maybe they had a lot of extra stock to sell up? Or maybe they waited for the Chorus II to be an actual serious improvement. The Cornwall III was only revived as part of the recent Heritage revival. I think I got my history right, but the point is that I don't think anyone disagrees that the Cornwall is better than a Heresy...and the Chorus line was the replacement for the Cornwall.

Now if you make your statement from actually listening, that's a totally different thing. ButI don't think the full history of the product doesn't draw the same conclusions you have. At least not from a sonic perspective.

Not everyone agrees on the same thing...........Chorus replacement for Cornwall......Cornwall relacement for Khorns without corners......I have heard Chorus, not my sound, Forte II's too much mid for my tastes, I don't know every model, nor have I heard every model, but I do know Khorns, La scala's, Cornwalls, and Heresy's are still in production...........I buy new speakers, that's what Klipschs needs, Sell New product so they can keep afloat in this tight economy......I am in no way saying people shouldn't buy old pre-owned speakers, I just like to own NEW......The Heresy II's fit my budget, gives me the sound that I like, and by buying new, helped Klipsch, it's a win-win in my eyes. I have also reconsidered buying Khorns used, in favor of maybe buying Cornwall III's instead. I don't collect speakers, I use what I buy............

I buy new speakers, that's what Klipschs needs, Sell New product so they can keep afloat in this tight economy......I am in no way saying people shouldn't buy old pre-owned speakers, I just like to own NEW......The Heresy II's fit my budget, gives me the sound that I like, and by buying new, helped Klipsch, it's a win-win in my eyes.

Hey OB,

I bought my speakers new. It just happened to be 1990. I bought pro medias new this year. So that is supporting Klipsch. Also every person I bring to Klipsch is another sale. So just because I havent bought a new pair of Herseys or others doesnt mean I havent or dont support Klipsch! I would also say this holds true with almost every other member of this forum.

Thanks for your input guys - your input (as always) is much appreciated.

Over the next few weeks, I will try to make a few budget purchases. Right now my Chorus set up is - Chorus+Sonic Impact T (the Silver one)+Ipod (I know thats a terrible setup).

There is someone selling the Sansui AU-717 intergrated receiver for $150 (including a bunch of junk I dont need - cd player, sonyturntabe, pioneer speakers, etc.). However he is only willing to sell as a package.

Is that a worthwhile purchase?

I buy new speakers, that's what Klipschs needs, Sell New product so they can keep afloat in this tight economy......I am in no way saying people shouldn't buy old pre-owned speakers, I just like to own NEW......The Heresy II's fit my budget, gives me the sound that I like, and by buying new, helped Klipsch, it's a win-win in my eyes.

Hey OB,

I bought my speakers new. It just happened to be 1990. I bought pro medias new this year. So that is supporting Klipsch. Also every person I bring to Klipsch is another sale. So just because I havent bought a new pair of Herseys or others doesnt mean I havent or dont support Klipsch! I would also say this holds true with almost every other member of this forum.

You take my statement totally out of context.................No where did I knock anyone...No where...That statement was about me, and again people just pick out the parts they want to comment on............

I'm late to the party, but I think the question is interesting and it would be most appropriate to A/B the speakers in question.

I don't find Chorus to be as impressive as it should be. There are folks who prefer Forte to Chorus. The Chorus bass isn't what it should be, as in Cornwall bass. IMO.

Heresy II is a darn fine sounding speaker. The sound is complete and coherent to my ears. Not as bass shy as one might assume.