Heresy III: will solid state suffice?

"Tubes should not be used to make this kind of noise."

What kind of a comment is this? Just because you have different musical preferences, doesn't mean that HM is just noise. People have different tastes. I can't stand Norah Jones, or Diana Krall or that off-key sounding bastard from Coldplay.

But I don't come on and post that it is just noise when people wax all about it.

All just agree with your last paragraph of the post.

I listen to heavy metal, grindcore, thrash, techno, and whatever else suits my fancy on tube amps. Low watt SEP, and SET. A 6BQ5 PP too.

It all depends on the recording to me. My primary listening is with CD's, though I do like the sound of vinyl.

If one wants a SS amp, be it integrated or a power and pre-amp, why not have tone controls?

How loud is loud exactly -- how far back off the speakers are you? If the tone is right, you don't need no stinkin tone controls.:)

I'll turn it up on occasion, but mostly it's moderate volume levels. The speakers are about ten feet apart, another ten feet or so from my comfy chair. Right now, I am using a small pair of Klipsch kg 2.2s - the same little speakers that won the college dormitory stereo wars every time.

Not only do I like tone controls, but a remote control is vital because I am a fat, lazy American.

Another amp that's gotten lots of great reviews is the new Onkyo digital amp - the A9555. The price looks good, too.

I have had my new black Heresy III's for a month now hooked up to a Onkyo SR701 and a M&K V75 sub with very pleasing results but a bit thin on bass without the sub. I had the opportunity to hear the H III connected to Cayin A88T tube amp and a Cayin CD17A tube CDP when i bought them, WOW, NO sub required when the H III are powered by these tubes. I'm hoping to buy a tube amp around Christmas.

post-24257-13819338575124_thumb.jpg

I have had my new black Heresy III's for a month now hooked up to a Onkyo SR701 and a M&K V75 sub with very pleasing results but a bit thin on bass without the sub. I had the opportunity to hear the H III connected to Cayin A88T tube amp and a Cayin CD17A tube CDP when i bought them, WOW, NO sub required when the H III are powered by these tubes. I'm hoping to buy a tube amp around Christmas.

HUH, were have I heard this before...................TUBES make the Heresy's a different speaker, much better bottom end response !!!!!! Enjoy your speakers..........Oh, by the way, the sub sounds great with Tubes also..................ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!