White Elephant......Sad to see

Bill H.

Did you read his guy's 'feedback policy?' Apparently, he will not leave [positive] feedback for the buyer, until the buyer leaves feedback for him. I know that this is the way more and more eBay sellers are doing, but it does seem kinda chicken whatever!

Rob

"Apparently, he will not leave [positive] feedback for the buyer, until the buyer leaves feedback for him.  I know that this is the way more and more eBay sellers are doing, but it does seem kinda chicken whatever!"

alot of folks adopt this as a practice.

Did you read his guy's 'feedback policy?' Apparently, he will not leave [positive] feedback for the buyer, until the buyer leaves feedback for him. I know that this is the way more and more eBay sellers are doing, but it does seem kinda chicken whatever!

It actually makes quite a bit of sense.

It tends to insure that a buyer communicate with the seller to address any isses that too often otherwise become negative feedback for which the seller has no recourse.

Its amazing to see negative feedback for such inane things as the CD someone sold has songs on it that the buyer does not like! As if that is a seller created problem!

Complain about sellers all you like, many buyers are less then swooft as well!

And as far as the speaker...not having looked the speaker detail, if the finish is well done, its just a matter of taste...black, cherry, maple, oak, white...who cares as long as its something you find appropriate - for me, I have no interest in the speaker regardless of its finish.

I'm old school on this one even though some sellers are going the positive feedback first route.   If I'm the buyer and I've sent the money in a timely way and the buyer receives it, I've completed my primary obligation in the deal and should be eligible for positive feedback right at that point.  If I'm the seller, on the other hand, I still need to deliver what I've sold as described in a timely way before my primary obligation is met and my feedback comes when I deliver on my end of the deal. If the seller witholds feedback until he has positive feedback, then it becomes one sided in favor of the seller and defeats the balance in the process.  I just don't bother with feedback either way if I'm the buyer dealing with a seller who insists the buyer goes first.

As long as there is no provision for disputing or arbitrating differences in feedback, the seller bears a much greater burden and impact upon them if they receive negative feedback.

And it gets old listening to so many who, if they can't afford to absorb the loss for high priced or sensitive goods that demand examination, don't use escrow.com.

Besides, isn't it about time to read of someone else's sad lament who blindly sent off a money order for fragile or equipment requiring examination and is now mad at the seller, UPS, and who knows who else? Surprise! [*-)]

Use escrow.com, and if you are the buyer, post feedback or get in touch with the seller to resolve any differences and then post feedback. Sellers have no incentive to arbitrarily post bad feedback. In fact, they have an incentive to keep all of their feedback squeaky clean. I have been dealing with EBay for far too long, and for all of the screwy problems, problems with seller's posting negative feedback has generally not been a problem!