'What would Rock and Roll be without Feedback?'

--David Gilmour, Pink Floyd (after being called out for feedback while recording DSOTM tracks on Pompeii DVD)

In my usual 'create a BUZZ' mode, I'll ask you guys first, then disclose.

From the group of Pilgrims, what do you think the average time (years signed on) on Forum is?

What is the single most popular speaker among this year's Pilgrims?

What percent have purchased NEW speakers from Klipsch in the past two years?

What are the most popular planned NEW purchases from Klipsch in the next two years?

As always, thanks for playing. And thanks for the great feedback guys! I'll be sharing the data with Trey and the management team this week.

M

I

what do you think the average time on Forum is? 7 Years...............(Edited!!!!!)

What is the single most popular speaker among this year's Pilgrims? RF83

What percent have purchased NEW speakers from Klipsch in the past two years? 25%

What are the most popular planned NEW purchases from Klipsch in the next two years? CS700

In my usual 'create a BUZZ' mode, I'll ask you guys first, then disclose.

From the group of Pilgrims, what do you think the average time (years signed on)  on Forum is?  5.2 years

What is the single most popular speaker among this year's Pilgrims?  Owned (Corns & RF-7s) or listened to @ the KP (60th K-horns)?

What percent have purchased NEW speakers from Klipsch in the past two years?  73%

What are the most popular planned NEW purchases from Klipsch in the next two years?  CS-700, H-IIIs & those super secret things that'll land us in the back woods if we say what they are!  [:o]

As always, thanks for playing. And thanks for the great feedback guys! I'll be sharing the data with Trey and the management team this week.

M

Here's some tidbits- thanks for your participation in the survey!

The average time on Forum for Pilgrims was 3 years

Average Pilgrimage attendance was 1.8 so most had been to Hope or Indy previously, that's why it feels like family

15 out of 60 , or 25% listed Klipschorn as their fave Klipsch

there were 5 members (8%) each whose favorite Klipsch speaker in their collection was:

Chorus/forte family

RF7

Cornwall

Heresy

LaScala

Other Reference

40% had made a new Klipsch purchase other than ProMedia in the past two years ( I think this is very significant)

80% were planning on a new Klipsch purchase in the next two years, with Heresy III being the speaker of choice for many.

Most popular topic for next year (by a wide margin) was more technical and testing setups, followed by detailed Home Theatre setup advice and Heritage comparisons.

• Moderators

Some surprising numbers there Michael.

Sorry I have not been here reading or posting much, didn't really have an interest !

After seeing and talking with everybody in person it's kind of a letdown to go back to just the forum !

As much as I like this forum it is not even close to being there, but everyone can't work there [H] and I am a long way from having enough post to get a job with them [:|]

So back to the forum I go.

To the forum members who don't attend these things, you don't know what your missing, meeting every one in person !

Michael, sorry about that.........wondered which time frame you were asking for .............DuH

I

what do you think the average time on Forum is? 7 Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get smart with me Bill! LOL, I meant, How many years have the Pilgrims been Forum members? But great answer!

Michael,

What surprised you the most about the results?

I hadn't given them much forethought, the Klipschorn ownership was a bit inspiring. I thought the mix of larger Klipsch was an interesting balance of our better 'big box' speakers. Shocked at the number of ProMedia setups (just about everyone).

I was perhaps a little dismayed that there were not many large Heritage planned purchases, but appreciate the nod to the Heresy III! [:D]

So....all in all Forum members aren't just buying "used" Klipsch.

Another thing....I found the even mix of Heritage ownership a little surprising also.

As far as Heresy III, how could anyone not love them![:D]

Yes Christy, this is very meaningful! Don't you get the feeling that most Forum members are thought of as just experiementers and those swapping used gear?

It was very refreshing to discover that they are still supporting Klipsch by embracing and purchasing our newer designs. (I threw out the ProMedia purchases, so this number was just 'sizeable' purchases- like Ref systems) I hope that management will take the Pilgrims with a new degree of respect when these findings are reported. If anything I think they will add to the feeling that both sides took away from the Town Hall discussion.

Those not swapping gear are probably less vocal because they're at home enjoying the music instead of trying to figure out how to uncrappify the sound [;)]

Didn't Trey mention that the Heresy had one of its biggest days of production this last year?

Very interesting statistics Michael. A lot of the Forum members are buying new Klipsch which is a good sign and not all that surprising. It's not really surprising that the Heresy 3's are selling great in Europe for a lot of different reasons beyond the incredible Klipsch sound, in a relatively compact package. I think Klipsch should be very proud that products manufactured in the US are selling so well abroad and hope that the flagship lines continue to be made in Hope. I really hate to see the demise of American craftsmanship that's being or has been phased out long ago. Besides, even if sales are relatively slow in the US, hgh volumes should ensure there'll be some for the US market.

A few things that have surpised me over the past few months are that there are still some new 60th Anniversary Klipschorns available. You'd have thought those would've all been sold long before now. Yes they're not inexpensive, but are probably one of the highest value speakers on the market when the quality of sound is considered. But this is maybe not so surprising as K-Horns built in the 90's, 80's, 70's, and even 60's are still going strong and still sound better than most anything else currently available. Most of the people who would buy them already have Klipschorns, sometimes 2 pairs ( and I'm sure there's at least a couple of Klipschanatics that have 3 or more pairs). Most K-Horn owners and are probably too busy enjoying what they have to upgrade to the latest and probably ultimate K-Horn to this point. This also seems to be true of the rest of the Heritage line as well. I think the iPod and promedia will eventually lead people to the Heritage series, maybe most will stop at the reference series but I think that there will always be a market for the really big (full size, heavyweight) Klipsch that just seem to have more liveness to the sound. The reference series is jaw droppingly good, but the Klipschorns seem to be even better.

Ben, the figures I have are that of the 200 pairs of 60th AnniK's manufactured, most were sold in Europe. There have been a few pairs sell stateside and my last info was that less than 30 pairs remained in Hope Arkansas, hopefully to be sold stateside.

I've got mine.

M

• Moderators

Okay, now that it's "out of the box"...well last check at Colter's Place they weren't "out of the box", he was trying to disguise them in a corner of the gallery![;)]

During the Pilgrimage Jay1485 was one of the many pilgrims to visit Colter's House of Klipsch, I wish you guys could have seen his face when he noticed the stack of "boxes" in the corner, partially covered with a blanket....like you can hide anything from a Klipschfanatic....anyway Jay started reading the boxes and by the look on his face you would have thought he had discovered the pirate's treasure. I wish dtel would have captured that moment on camera. It was a look we will never forget.

Of course, Dr. Who, dtel and I were scared to death Colter would find out Jay knew about the 60th Anniversary Khorns (still in the boxes) so we swore Jay to secrecy!!!!! Good ahead Jay you can tell the story in your own words now, since Colter "let the cat out of the bag".

Michael,

Congratulations. I hope you were ready to spill your secret though it sounds as if it had been exposed. I think The House Of Klipsch wouldn't be complete without 'em and that you definitely need a pair.

I do hope the 60th Anniversary Klipschorns still remaining are sold stateside as it'd be nice if a good quantity would remain in the US. I'd love to have a pair and have determined that I have 2 rooms with corners that could work, but no speaker budget at this time.

I wonder if the fact that most were sold in Europe means that the US market for new Klipschorns is pretty small? Or that the music lovers and Klipsch fans in the US who would buy K-Horns already own them? And maybe just don't have the funds to upgrade to the latest and greatest? Or just don't need to as the older models are still awesome? The sad thing is, a lot of people spend more, sometimes a lot more, and don't get sound with the Klipsch level of quality.

Ben