Denon AVR4802 THX For Sale in Indy..... (Somebody must buy)

Agent Eagle

Okay gentlemen, the last of my theater setup is left for sale !!! MUST GO !!!!!! Practically new !!

Denon AVR4802 THX Receiver w/touchscreen remote

$500

HOW ABOUT $400 ???????

Packing and shipping is about $85....

So, let's say $500 including shipping. First one takes it !!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can vouch for the Denon AVR 4802R being a good deal at $500 by itself. It is a THX ultra II AVR with close to it's rated power going into 7 channels and can handle speakers down to 3.2 Ohms. I was willing to pay up to $800 to get mine fixed when it was damaged in a lightening strike...Unfortunately they didn't make the DSP boards anymore so they sent me a Denon AVR 4806 to replace it. IMO, the 48XX series by Denon is the happy medium between Separates and AVR. [Y]

Do you have the manual as well?

I have the 3802.... I have the remote and Manual.. everything works.. 8-9 out of 10 looks wise.. No scratches... etc etc on the front.

Would you ever consider a trade for it.. also 7 channels, Denon..

I have no idea what the 3802 might bring, but if you need that.. and wanna trade shoot me a price.. live in Indy we can do it quick too!

(Smiling)...... So, does Troy like his RSW ??

They just got back from Anniversary trip, so the WAF is in 'accepting' mode. I'll deliver it to him tonight and help him fine tune his system. It'll be working with RF and RB35's. He's using some teensy tiny little sub right now, this should bring his LOTR movies to life!

DAMN that thing sounds sweet. Got the RSW12 to Troy's last night and tweaked his system a bit. Unfortunately the original remote to receiver was lost and non-mfg substituted so couldn't get to some xover features. Using the front panel controls I was able to adjust the SM/LG to SM for all speakers, set distance. I used the db rating of his speakers as basis for setting the balance as there was no test tone available for setting by ear.

Not knowing how the receiver was processing the xover, I assumed that 80 was the number, but it felt like his sub was still getting full range (or below 200) signal, so I tweaked by ear and found 60-70 to be acceptable.

He's got some furniture re-arranging to do, but it'll fill his little half-basement photo office very nicely. The family dog is scared of thunder and at the first might rumble of the RSW came racing down the steps to hide from the thunder only to come face to face with it! LOL it was hilarious- poor thing didn't know whether to go upstairs or down to 'escape'.

Now about those nurse buddies of Chris....

I'm interested in buying.

Please verify that the receive is Ultra2 certified.

Please verify that it does ProLogic II.

Does it do DTS 6.1?

Please verify that the remotes and manuals are included.

Will you ship to my 95014 residence for $400 total? (FedEx Ground insured)

Would you please provide your name, street address, and wired telephone number for that address? (I'd want to verify before sending payment in advance.)

Thanks,

Rand

rand.shrader@comcast.net

I can't believe that you haven't sold this receiver yet! I had a 4800 and it was fabulous, if I did not have so much gear I would have purchased it already.

Its not hard at all for me to believe that this isn't sold yet. I sent a forum PM to him a week ago and cannot even get a response to get the communication chain started should negotiation be necessary.

Agent Eagle: If you want to sell, I'm willing to pick up in Indy, but we've got to meet on a price. That involves responding to my PM. You can email me at

kimball

behning

at

gmail.

com

no spaces.