KSB 1.1 as rear surrounds?

Klipsch-daddy

Does anyone have these as rear surrounds. I am not looking for much but need some rear surround. Also in the future I could use these as some other type of speakers? Are they loud enough for surrounds? They have a lot on ubid for 40.00 a piece and 18 shipping.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:** Yamaha Rx-v1000 **

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

CD: 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the 1.1's were ok to hang on the wall? Are they loud enought with your other fronts and center.? That is what I was afraid of them not being loud enought as rears. Seems I can pick some up for around 100.00 bucks. I might get 4 that way I can use 2 as surrounds and 1 as a center rear.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

Klipsch-daddy:

The KSB 1.1 has vertical slotted keyholes for wall mounting as well as threaded screws for mounting via bracket. These were originally sold as part of the earlier Synergy series line when I bought mine along w/ KSB 3.1 and KSC C-1. I've since upgraded my 3.1s to KSF 8.5. The 1.1s are, as I'm sure you're aware, quite efficient and make ample sound to keep up with the rest of my system as it stands at this time. Note, I have not had to increase the output to the rear or anything out of the norm. That being said, I think they'd be fine as a cost effective upgrade to your system for rears. As far as a center, I'm not sure if they are magnetically shielded for use as a center, would check this before expecting to plop one on top of your tv.

thanks, I got some kenwood bipoler? speakers from ubid, for 102.00 shipped they have a 92 db and have 2 4" woofers and 2 tweeters in each enclosure. I am going to try them and if they dont work out good I am going with the 1.1's. Are you selling yours?

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

Just email me at chadrobbins@earthlink.net. I had some ss-1's but was forced to sell them due to wife.. They dont look that big on klipsch's site but they are huge. Almost as big as the rs-7's.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

DVD Player SONY S-360

This message has been edited by Klipsch-daddy on 01-03-2002 at 05:13 PM

• 17 years later...
On 1/2/2002 at 5:07 AM, Bulldawg said:

I have been using a pair for surrounds for about two years now w/ good success. Currently in an apartment, not a good idea to hang rears on the wall, so these are on stands in the rear.

Integra DTR5

KSF 8.5

KSC C-1

KSB 1.1

Mirage FRx 10

What kind of stands do you have the KSB 1.1's on?? I am looking for some stands.

2 minutes ago, weziewoo said:

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! 17 years! :D

For sturdy, cheap stands, I would go with this one: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12281 

I think they're 24" tall, FYI.

LOL..... Yeah I am a little late to the party....   I was hoping to mount the KSB 1.1's on stands utilizing the brackets on the back of the speakers. Not sure about them sitting on stands.