Got this old console. Fini would be proud until...

Klipschfoot

...I ripped out the amp and put this old three-legged dog down. Now I am looking for a pair of Heresys, I guess. I am no tubophile but I have read good things about these old Magnavox PP amps. Anyone hear one of these? This sounded sweet in the console with my son's mp3 player. The amp has it's own power and simple RCA preamp inputs. Speaker outs will be simple to trace.

post-10956-13819339768442_thumb.jpg

Heh-heh...I've destroyed my share of consoles (and 2 or 3 organs), for sure. Only have one intact at the present time! Oh, I'm still proud of ya. BTW, you did save tose groovy rings on the front, right??

Nice looking console Fred. Too bad they're so darn bulky. On any given day you'll find one or two in the dumpsters at the Marriotsville landfill. I always look inside if it's within reach. So far I've only found SS junk.

If you like, I'll look through my mountain o' tubes for some spares for you. The 6EU7 sounds just odd enough to be in one of my boxes.

Nice looking console Fred. Too bad they're so darn bulky. On any given day you'll find one or two in the dumpsters at the Marriotsville landfill. I always look inside if it's within reach. So far I've only found SS junk.

If you like, I'll look through my mountain o' tubes for some spares for you. The 6EU7 sounds just odd enough to be in one of my boxes.

Geez, Gary. I have heard of dumpster diving, but... Just kidding. I have done my share. I have been to Marriottsville. There is this this special wagon for electronics. I was tempted to just sit there and watch like a buzzard. Given the number of tech jobs in the area, it would not surprise me to see some good old gear in there. It is all about timing. I had one other opportunity for one of these old Mag consoles but the manager wanted too much money$30 I think. I should've pulled the pin. I paid $30 for this one. The amp cleaned up real good. I am going to mate it with my old PS Audio preamp tomorrow (in my spare time ;-( ). Fix up my old Thorens TD-125, hook up my Dynaco A-35's (or Advents, or whatever I have left), and spin some old Creedence. Sometimes I wish for those Cornwalls back but they were so hard to set aside when I did not feel so "horny." I am getting into the yard salin' mood. A yard-salin' friend says he sees big old speakers all the time. They are probably nothing more than old RTR's or Fishers, but he says he sees Klipsch often enough to get me out on the prowl.

I keep hoping to find one of these with an RCA LC1A.

pete is the rca a nice unit ???????????

about 6 months ago here in the local salvation army they had an old rca console with a tube amp in the back i could see the tubes but that was about all, anyway they wanted 29.00 for it but i had no way to move it at the time so i let it go..............was that a mistake?????????????

Joe

I keep hoping to find one of these with an RCA LC1A.

pete is the rca a nice unit ???????????

about 6 months ago here in the local salvation army they had an old rca console with a tube amp in the back i could see the tubes but that was about all, anyway they wanted 29.00 for it  but i had no way to move it at the time so i let it go..............was that a mistake?????????????

Joe

Joe, the LC1A is a 15 inch coaxial full range driver. Doubt they were ever installed in consoles but ya never know.