Boston Acoustics BA7800 Kicks Klipsch

AudioMan2

I just got my new Xmas Gateway and it came with a set of BA7800 (new 4.1 system). I hooked up my 4.1s from Klipsch against these and the BAs kicked the crap out of them..They have nicer controls...they play louder..the bass doesn't distort! and...there is a headset jack on the side---that's right--mic and headphone jack. AND...they were not busted out of the box like my ProMedia was!

Anyone wanna buy my Klipsch?

quote:

Originally posted by AudioMan2703:

Does anyone think that this guy copied my name?

hmmmm both here dec 2001 Smile.gif mayube you copied him LoL! just joking. that is a good name, dont think he copied you.. if your names was like i4ani and he put i4ani2... yeah, i would say he copied... but audioman is not as unique as i4ani Smile.gif

those BA's do not have tweeters in teh rears do they? they only go to 32 hz? not too shabby but my v2.400's, 2.1's and 4.1's all go to at least 31, the 4.1 and v2.400 goes to 29hz... not a huge difference : however, the new 5.1's go to a crazy 25 hz!!! haha. i wish i could test out thsoe speakers but i do not plan on buying a new gateway anytime soon LoL!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Hey Justin,

For what it is worth, I own the ProMedia 4.1 and I thought they were great....

I like the Boston's better (after listening a couple of days) cause they sound like real home speakers..My Klipsch have no mid-range and the BA do.

Also, there is a lot of music that plays low notes that my Klipsch distort..the port starts to make noises and the BA does not.

Lastly, if you know anything about audio, the low frequency differences you talk about can only be heard by a scope and not really by the ear.

I love my ProMedia..I am glad you like yours too..but, I have to admit that the new Boston's are better!

Just my 2 cents worth (which isn't worth a lot)

Either way, I own 2 kick ash pair of speakers

well, actually, the human ear can hear ~18-20hz to ~20-22Khz

trust me, i know my audio LoL! Smile.gif i will agree with you, teh KLipsch's do lack in teh midrange area... that is what i think put the Logitechs above <?> them, which if i ever abandoned Klipsch... they would be my first stop Smile.gif

you are so right about teh sub port, portless speaker system have to work harder for the low notes but they normally sound much better Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by AudioMan2703:

I do think the logitech's have a great midrange.I just got them from christmas andi have listened to them almost night and day!The mids are good,maybe the bass too?(Im not sure,but i think so.)

I was thouroughly impressed with the bass and mid range of teh logitechs... but the horn loaded tweeter of the ProMedia's is heaven for me LoL! i gotta have my horns...i gotta have a tweeter! LoL!

------------------

-justin

I used to have a 2.1 crap pair of Juster Airwave speakers with tweeters but that obviously doesn't compare to klipsch.Anyway,i doubt 2 inch cone tweeters are as good as horn loaded ones.Especially Micro Tractix Horns.

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

Justin,

"they only go to 32 hz? not too shabby but my v2.400's, 2.1's and 4.1's all go to at least 31, the 4.1 and v2.400 goes to 29hz..."

LOL

ONLY 32 Hertz and your super duper go all the way down to a sub woofery ultra low 29 Hertz! WOW

This is one of the best funny ones,serious.

AudioMan...2703,

And what about those "Micro Tractix Horns" ?

Horns dont make a Esotar from a bassic tweeter.Using micro or macro Tractix horns will not improve the detail.Horns increase sensitivity and make speakers more directional,better projection of sound waves.

fx,

Yes the uncreative uninspired digital(like their latest sound card is a true 24/96 lol) 5700 is a force to be...err what was that?Well its what I call a total waste of plastics and MDF(mostly deformed fiberboard)

lets not forget about the few 1W transistors and the 500uF 12V capacitor used to filter the good sounds! Wink.gif

cwm8.gif Uncreative Uninspired 5700

For those who dont care about sound quality and live in their own world.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Alrighty then... what is the best all around soundcard... I have an Audigy (new 4.1's too) and am a gamer, mostly, but do have CD's and MP3's that I listen to as well. The Audigy is a little staticy at times and then not when listening to the same music passage, multiple times. (I suspect a driver issue is to blame). If I move the fader around in the Audigy software EQ, the statics stops completley, until I recenter or default it. Open to all...TheEAR especially.

This message has been edited by gabriel11 on 01-02-2002 at 02:23 PM

I would have to say that the Game Theater XP is the best all around sound card.

------------------

-justin

Gabriel,

Best all around sound card...two cards.

One the Hercules GTXP and the second the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

If sound quality is THE main objective and music playback or recording is THE most important then a TerraTec sound card would be my choice.Its more expensive and the drivers are not near the GTXP or Santa Cruz for games.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

If you want to talk about the best soundcard for .wav, mp3, CDs, etc. I would have to take my M-Audio Audiophile 2496. Nothing like 24 Bit .wavs (that I record) and although the board can sample at 96K, I find that 88.2 is more than sufficient.

------------------

Andy Faull

--

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein