More Crazy Prices on the Bay

kkerley33

there was a pair in a box that sold for 1500...so starting prices will be out of wack for a while.....just starting prices....actual sales another story

Sorry All, but I couldn't resist acting like an "interested buyer" and seeing if this guy was serious. I sent him an email asking why the high price and if he was accepting offers. Here is the response.

I would give the Cabs a 6/10. They are beat up pretty good. LOL

Dear kkerley33,

s.gif

s.gif

The price is the price. $650.00 + $650.00 = $1300.00. The price also reflects VINTAGE quality from 1975.

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

- technoglobe

KAK

[bs].....[bs]....[bs]....Are You Kidding me? I know you could buy Brand New Heresy III's for that.............Maybe I should be selling my Heresy II's for that price...........I would sell for that price.........That owner is just a few bricks shy of a full load....................EH ??????????

[bs].....[bs]....[bs]....Are You Kidding me? I know you could buy Brand New Heresy III's for that.............Maybe I should be selling my Heresy II's for that price...........I would sell for that price.........That owner is just a few bricks shy of a full load....................EH ??????????

Those are actually brand new. They are from the little known "Klipsch Relic Series."

If Fender guitars can do it?

Well............  Awhile back I sold a pair of SS 0.5s on E-Bay.  Granted they were out-of-manufacture at the time but I was overwhelmed with the response.  People were begging me to end the auction early at their purchase offers.  I do not recall the exact price they went for but I do know that it was more than I paid retail for them at a Good Guys in So. Cal.  As volatile as is todays stock market maybe we should invest in Heritage gear for retirement.

I hooked them up to Marantz 8b/7c for someone coming for an audition. He didn't show up, but I ended up spending the last night playing all my favorite CDs on them. I had to lower the bass on 7c a little but they sounded so good that I am taking them off the market for now.

Kudret