Forte IIs On and Off Ebay

BigBloato

Your suggestion is certainly on the table. I believe DrWho recommended the Sub 12 a week or so back. My Heresies are first generation new purchased in 1980. Working space can be an issue in our TV room which is HT and 2 channel. Best Buy had the Sub 12 at $476.00 a couple weeks back. I might go that way if I can find a bit better price.

Big Bloato

Since a Forte is basically just a Heresy w/bass, why not just get a subwoofer for add'l depth?

I rotate both of these combinations around in my dungeon and the sub w/Heresy's is very good.

Forte II's are not just Heresies with bass. Heresies do not have a tractrix horn midrange. Two channel listening with truly full range speakers is different than with a couple of satellites and a sub. You rotate both of what combinations?

• Moderators

Since a Forte is basically just a Heresy w/bass, why not just get a subwoofer for add'l depth?

I rotate both of these combinations around in my dungeon and the sub w/Heresy's is very good.

Forte II's are not just Heresies with bass. Heresies do not have a tractrix horn midrange. Two channel listening with truly full range speakers is different than with a couple of satellites and a sub. You rotate both of what combinations?

Yea, what he said!!!! and....we have Heresies and Forte IIs....while the Heresies are very good speakers they don't match up to the Forte IIs by any stretch of my imagination.

We also have a sub that we use with our Forte IIs.

Well BigBloato, you got me on age Bud............I use a Sub with my Heresy's, I also use a Scott 299-D, it goes like this for me...........Heresy's, and Tubes, and a Sub = Big Smiles !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Heresy and the Forte are two different speakers...........period. My point of view ; the Forte's are very strong, almost overpowering in the mids, with more bottom end............but.........for my tastes........I like the over all sound of the Heresy better.........What are you powering your speakers with SS or Tubes ?.............

Oldbuckster, see my new sig. line for what I am using for running those Heresies et.al. Denon is SS of course and I am tired of this particular receiver. so after I find my Forte lls, I will replace my Polk rears which are el cheapo and then decide what to do regarding tubes or ss. I replied to you earlier this pm but I cannot even find my reply. Its hell being the oldest one on this forum. Old people like me screw up everything to do with computers.