OT: Firefox blocking... is this a hoax?

Daddy Dee

Screw their ads.

They have no property right in forcing me to view their pop-up spam. I'll boycott any business that blocks Firefox (and I refuse to use anything MicroCrap - and that includes Internet Explorer - as they recommend).

James

That's kinda interesting....but the irony is that the same premise on which they feel ad-blocking should be illegal is a premise they contradict by blocking firefox users!

I guess those sites won't get my business....shucks.

Something I don't understand... I began using Prodigy at home in the late eighties, Netscape and Internet Explorer in the Nineties, and now have been using Firefox on my PC and iCab on my 12 year old Mac (with original old 1995 operating system and Microsoft Office applications).

In the entire history of my use of browsers on the internet I can count the number of times I have clicked an ad on one hand - all accidents. I would NEVER click an ad on purpose.. does anybody? Really?

Firefox is faster than IE at everything, like it a lot.

No,. I don't remember clicking on an ad in years. They are mostly bogus and one more place to gum up the pc with spyware anyway.

Earns ZERO good will and , aside from outright obnoxiousness, is downloading tracking software, spyware on a user's computer without permission.

I have a command line web browser called Lynx. There are no grphics just text. It is from the world of unix so no bells and whistles. If I have to find something very fast that is what I use. However it is nor working on sites as much as it used to.

The interenet didn't always have ads and graphics. I remember the first pop ad I saw and I thought well crap there goes the internet. 

i wanna see a website link so I can see it myself

Yes. I'd like to see one, too. I use Firefox most of the time and have never been redirected. Of course, I pretty much go to the same sites over and over and those are mostly news sites. My browsing territory is pretty tame. A site that would redirect to the firefox blocking page would be pretty tacky and the owners would lose alot of good will, I'd think. Would it be worth it to offend visitors using the "wrong" browser?