Heritage update please.

Big Bean

Beano --

Hey, how much dinero do you have? 'cause you can get all those ... they haven't been discontinued.

Maybe the Cornwalls ... well, that's a different subject. I know a lot of folks on this forum would love to see that ....

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Hopefully this won't be taken the wrong way, however I really have to wonder what Klipsch's priorities are on this issue. Case inpoint...

This Klipsch website is one of the best that I frequent and I'm glad that Klipsch sees the value in it. However, it takes resources (money & people) to make it happen and if memory serves me, this site has gone through one major re-do and two or three enhancements in 2001. That is a major comment of resources.

So the rhetorical question is, which is more important - spending resources for a fancy website or getting your flagship speaker line up & runnin'?

Tom Adams

If the Heritage speakers were selling really well, then I would bet that Klipsch would be able to get them back in production within a week or two.

Does anyone have any sales stats for the Heritage line? Maybe Klipsch is in no hurry to bring them back into production... After all, why bother if they aren't selling many of them? I would think virtually 95% of the people out there are either going to buy the Reference line or buy the Heritage line used.

Just a thought.

Greg

------------------

--

Gregory E. Rose

gregrose@bigfoot.com

Greg--Well it all depends on how much a company is dedicated to quality sound reproduction, evidently since PWK sold the company it's much more interested in price points and marketing than in quality sound. Which is fine, it's Fred's company now, if he wants to be the next Amar Bose good for him. But the company has lost it's leadership position in horns, nobody I know, and I know lots of serious hornies, takes this company's products seriously anymore (except for the pro products which the guys here never talk about anyway?!?) though many take old PWK's products VERY seriously, I do. I'd like to see the company get back on track and offer the kind of products that made it's name a proud one in the first place.

I know that I'm not the smartest guy in town but looking at the relative number of post I can see how that Klipsch is going the direction that it is.

Two channel 435 posts

Home Theater 1575 posts

Powered subs 401 posts.

By compairing the numbers of each section two channel audio seems on its way out. Home theater has a 362% advantage over Two channel and if HT and Subs are added together (same type of source HT) then that have a 454% advantage. That is not taking into account all of the different variables, but I know that pure two channel is a dying breed. if I'm not watching a movie its two channel for me. Which is the Textaverage person going to buy 5 Heritage line speakers and a sub Or 5 Reference line speakers and a sub? most of the time it come down to $$$$$$$$$$$.

Klipsch should not abandon those of use that have and love the Heritage line. Even though i bought all my Heritage line speakers used. If I had the chance to purchase a new first generation Heresy, I would. But because I cannot I'm forced to buy used.

------------------

Paul Ward

my home theater www.brookesbakersurveyors.com/klipschht.htm

• Like 1

Greg---And you make an interesting point; so far as I know few people are making horns in the present Klipsch pricerange. Adire makes a kit using an Eminence co-axial driver with a horn tweeter, kinda like a little Altec 604. Bruce Edgar makes his Slimline, a fully horn-loaded 3-way that goes for about 2 grand. Gallante is now making a small speaker with an 8" horn co-ax, looks like a Radian driver, I think for about 2 grand. Right now on their online tent sale JBL Pro is selling a small theater speaker, the 3766, for only $116 each. This uses a 15" woofer and a 1" throat titanium driver and horn and is comparable to a Cornwall. This is an incredible steal, several friends have ordered them (and JBL pays the shipping!). But if you want to go higher in price, up where Khorns or Belles used to cost and higher you have more choices: the big Gallantes, CARs, the Edgar Titan, TAD, Westlake, Kochel, Tannoy, Avante-Garde. Sierra-Brooks, a maker of wooden tractrix horns, is about to start selling entire speaker systems. And you have all the variations on the Lowthers most of which are really direct-radiators with rear horn-loading for the bass (though many Lowtherites call them horns they ain't). Some of these things are reasonabley priced and some are outrageous. Or you can do what lots of us do: DIY rigs using components by Altec, JBL, TAD, EV, Radian, Edgar, Beyma etc. Or get vintage speakers by JBL, Altec, Jensen, EV. Or use prosound gear, afterall most big home horns were simply theater speakers in home dress. JBL still makes no-holds-barred horn speakers for the Japanese market (where old Altec and JBLs fetch BIG money) but won't be bothered with them here, evidently horns and the JBL name are too outre for big spending American audiofools. I've heard some of the RFs and I think they're good speakers and good value, were I looking for small turnkey speakers I'd buy Klipsch over speakers costing much more, no doubt about it.

NOS440--

I believe the site that TBrennan is referring to is:

http://www.jblpro.com/Tent_Sale/tent_pick.html

TBrennan--

Thank you for the reply, very interesting. I do have a question about the JBL site above. You mention the 3766 speaker... It doesn't seem like they are selling that one anymore. Did you meant the 3677??

Best,

Greg

------------------

--

Gregory E. Rose

gregrose@bigfoot.com

Greg---Yeah, I had the number messed-up, it's the 3677. I got one of my 4648s yesterday and I'm using it as a sub below 100hz with a Parts Express plate amp, thing makes outrageous bass at dance-club levels. Very clean and hits like a freight train. When the other arrives it's Katie Bar the Door.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 01-01-2002 at 08:44 PM