Anyone has experienced on buying a refurbished product?

SteveK

I've seen site that sells speakers and receivers for cheap. However they are all refurbished? Should i trust those?

Refurbished on speakers and receivers thats what I am not so sure about.

If suggested on buying in new seal in a box, anyone care to tell me sites that can get klipsch for prices alot cheaper than MSRP?

thanks

Factory refurbished...they probably have a warranty...sometimes they are BETTER than new because they were individually tested...how important are cosmetic issues...this might be something to think about...and I have bought refurbished power tools (Craftsman) and a cordless modem and I am sure other stuff...

Bill

Most of the time they are a good deal. However, I would not buy anything if it is not from an approved dealer and I speak from experience.

I bought a refurbished HK 445 receiver directly from Harman Kardon, and sure enough, right out of the box the thing was broke. I exchanged it for an another unit (shipping paid by HK), within a week that one broke too.

I sent it back again (shipping paid by HK again) and told HK that this was not worth it so they gave me my money back.

While the quality of the product was not up to standard , the service was top notch. No need to add that if I had gone off with some unknown dealer I would have had to pay the shipping( over $ 150) and would have end up having to take it to HK anyway.

After thinking about it for awhile, I end going back to a HK and upgraded to a brand new 645 model.

not much to go wrong inna Speaker .... don't sweat "refurbished" ... could just mean "serial # removed"

i'm not aware of any Authorized online Klipsch sellers ....

Klipsh has an online eBay store that sells, among other things, refurbs. saw a pair of RF 35's a week or so ago

http://stores.ebay.com/Klipsch-Audio-Technologies

I presuem they are Authorized.