Harman Kardon A30K

youngjj

Anyone familiar with this HK tube amp? I am considering one as a first tube amp for me. With two daughters in college I am looking for something reasonably priced. There will also be a wedding next summer. I must be a little crazy for doing this now.

Welcome to the forum Youngjj......not familiar with that amp but by the model # it sounds like a vintage amp produced about the same time as my HK FA30XK receiver. Post pictures if you can. My receiver built in the early 60s in Plainview, NY is used in my second system and sounds great. It still has the HK branded tubes.

I was on the audiogon website just a couple minutes ago. There is an amp there that looks like the one you're looking at. Model # is A300

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?intatube&1193584874

Maybe this one is the kit form?

I also am looking at a wedding next year for my daughter.

She just graduated this spring as a RN. Son in college now.

I feel your pain. Just get one you won't regret it.

Thanks for the input. That unit on Audiogon looks sweet. The one I have seen online looks just like it, except for needing some cleaning and the model number. It is being sold from an estate. I emailed questions to the seller.

By the way, this will be wedding #2. One down, two to go.