holes in new klipsch center

thebutler007

I just purchased a new RC-64 from an authorized dealer, not from the internet. The dealer did not have it in stock and had to order it. I was informed of its arrival (two weeks late) and recieved it brand new, in the box wrapped in Klipsch plastic. The top of the speaker has two 3/32" drilled holes on a diagonal....is this the way it comes from the factory? If so why are the hole not plugged? Did the dealer arrange to get "seconds" to save a few bucks? What are the drilled holes for?

the speaker is on a shelf above my tube.....the speaker cable terminals are slanted down to the floor....the holes are on top in the wood....two holes spaced about 12" apart on an angle....one about 3" from the back edge and the other about 4.5" from the back edge.....should i contact klipsch directly?

the speaker is on a shelf above my tube.....the speaker cable terminals are slanted down to the floor....the holes are on top in the wood....two holes spaced about 12" apart on an angle....one about 3" from the back edge and the other about 4.5" from the back edge.....should i contact klipsch directly?

That sounds to me like your speaker is upside down, as they are angled up on my RC64. Hope this helps.

the binding posts should be slanted UPWARD, so your speaker is upside down (it should have shipped with grille detached). I would imagine that the holes would be for legs to tilt the speaker, is there a matching bolt supplied that would thread into an insert in the holes? Have you checked the (dare I say it) Owner's Manual?

I'll check on this at work tomorrow. It's a new one on me.

Mr. Colter is on it again.

Those are the "kick stand" holes that allow you to insert the supplied threaded rod causing the speaker to point up or down as needed based on it's location above or below the screen.

I posted my messages last night....this AM I had a little time before heading out to work to read the Owner's manual.....It stated to check for wood beetles prior to installation (I translated that from the chinese instructions)...(i did not read anything about the binding post position...a bit of common sense once the "kickstand" is taken into account.....I did find the bolt in the package and realized what the holes were for. The one closest to the drivers to point the speaker up/the one closest to the binding post to point the speaker down......BUT........

Why are the holes off center of the center axis? Simply to avoid the horn? That is what thru me off...I would have figured the holes for the kick stand would be located along the center axis which is probably the center of mass of the speaker....i guess the 60 lb speaker is heavy enough so the kick stand position won't matter that much......Wouldn't it be better to provide two kick stands each located between the two woofers to provide greater stability?

At least it would have kept me from freaking out all paranoid and stuff thinking i got swindled by some factory reject....apologies to Klipsch....I am sure they would not allow any "seconds" to be sold......

yes, to miss the horn/driver- it's pretty tight in there.

btw, was there ANYTHING about ANY of this in the Owner's Manual??? (seriously) [8-|]

Yes, under "Center Channels", the tilt rod is explained as well as there should be supplied bushings to use to cover the holes if it is not being used. It is even illustrated in Figure 4.

http://www.klipsch.com/media/products/owners-manuals/Ref%20IV%20man.pdf

Not to beat this to death but....the manuals do need a little work.....nothing in the manual states the binding posts are to point up. I would think with (especially for a over tv position) the binding posts would point down to reduce strain on a banana plug connection.......

If you look close at the picture (figure 2?) the threaded bolt is shown at the rear (or front) CENTER not offset to either side of the horn......is there not any room to provide to holes placed between the woofers? just seems odd.......will hook it up this weekend.....hopefully I can get my sub hooked up too.....

yep....registered it today

for my rt-12d sub I had to turn the thing upside down to get the serial number.....not to simple easy of a task doing it alone....

I would have gotten it off the box but the dealer said the box was damaged when it came into his shop (he had to order it for me) so he took it out of the box and played it for a week to make sure nothing was wrong with it...he through the box away....