New Klipsch Speakers and McIntosh Turntable at CEDIA

barrynsue

Larry,

A response to your question from the lead engineer on the product:

They can go closer to the back wall and this will tend to reinforce the bass a bit, but this is very dependent on the room. They are designed not to have a boomy response so there should not be any problems close to the rear walls.

Technically the ports are on the side of the cabinet but they face rearward more than to the side. I would call them rear ported.

Thank you, Amy and lead engineer. This sounds like they might be more feasible in some rooms than some other speakers, from what I've heard in the past.

They're rear ported, so figure on needing them pulled out at least 12 to 18 inches. I don't know about these things, but the RF-7's bass response just died if you pulled them too far out.

I agree with you on that, Dean. My RF-7's sound great and their backs are only 6 inches off the front wall. -Glenn

Hey Roger,

I'm sure we will. We have been completely focused on the past two shows (IFA and CEDIA) for a while, but things will calm down around here (a little) shortly...

I have a better idea lets have a SO CAL listening session with these [<:o)][:D][:P]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am just aching to hear a set.

I dunno 'bout the McIntosh MT10...I suppose it is over the top aesthetically, but why should McIntosh conform to VPI, Avid, Clearaudio design standards? I do applaud them to going beyond the limits, and for owners of all-Mac systems, the MT10 does kinda fit the bill. Since it is a prototype, I hope McIntosh considers tonearm options, and maybe a lower acrylic platter in both clear and black. Regardless of its looks, I bet it's built like a tank and sounds absolutely marvelous!

Maybe for Mac's first turntable, they should've taken design cues from their classic black and chrome chassis tube (and their first SS) amps...if I had the spare change, I'd buy the MT10 if it had styling similar to my old MC250![Y]

post-11084-13819344466768_thumb.jpg

Here is another link to the show which contains some good pics of the Speakers and a nice showing of McIntosh equipment. Besides the TT, MxcIntosh has introduced a new tube preamp, the C-2300 ($6K) as well as the two piece C-500 ($11K).

Large pics so high speed connection will be helpful.

http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2007/CEDIA2007/day1/index.htm

Barry