Big Thanks for the teamwork

oldtimer

Today I took home my third pair of Forte II's. A big thanks is in order for all the forum members who made it happen. It all started when Mac Baker posted these oak clear 94 models that were little used for sale. They looked real good to me at a fair price but I knew I would not be able to get to Alabama to get them. The Dtels offered to pick them up and keep them at their place until I could retrieve them from there. The deal was done, and now about 7 or 8 months later they ended up traveling to Austin and handed them off to Travis (dwilawyer) who got them up to DFW where I took them the rest of the short way home. Wardsweb was with him which was an unexpected pleasure to see him again. Look for a post maybe regarding his recent acquisitions.

They are out of the boxes and blasting The Doors right now, and they sound fresh as advertised. This also gave me the chance to use a Forte II as a center for the football broadcasts, making for five all around. Very nice and a taste of the future of the system when space issues are resolved. Thanks again everyone, this is just another example of how great a group this forum is.

Dtel y'all were the catalyst for this thing, I could never express my thanks enough that you made the transaction, and then held them for me for at least as long as i warned you it might be.

The Forte II at center (and of course all around) was fantastic, like a pro set-up. the Academy does a great job and matches as designed and is much smaller for space issues but the sound with an identical speaker was so wide open and full across the front that I was very impressed. This was just with tv, I did not even have time to play dvd's.

• Moderators

Your going to love it.

Our room is 24' wide, and the L and R are in the corners, and with a Forte ll as a center you can not tell where the speakers are with your eyes closed, it's a perfect match across the front.

We use the "extra" Forte ll from 3 pair as a rear center for 6.1, not much really coming from the center but I don't have to store it somewhere else this way.

Wait to you hear some music, movies are very good but concert Dvds will leave you smiling for sure, you will look like this [:D].

After talking to people on this forum, I tried it both ways set to small and large, small sounded better to us.

I like the sound of all 6 set to small and with a sub, hard to belive but small sounds much better in the bass dept when a sub is used. The bass is much cleaner and tighter this way, could be the room ?

• Moderators

Almost forgot, holding them was not a problem. We just thought this was a easy way to get them to you without anyone making a long trip out of their way.

The only thing I was ever worried about with them being here was is if something would have happened to them.

You were lucky I had 6 already because I would have had to say " Oldtimer you are not going to belive what happened to you speakers, ......happened and I am going to just have to pay you for them, sorry man". [:$]

I've read people saying that with a sub. Not an issue with me since I don't have one, so I run everything at large, can still rattle my innards, just don't get that earthquake the house is gonna die feeling. i don't like earthquake movies anyway, haha. I've heard explosions live, and the deep explosion subwoofer effect with movies just doesn't seem real. Just like the locksmith told me, you can't drill through a good safe in 20 seconds like in the movies either (takes three $7 drill bits which get destroyed and a lot more time).