Tonearm Cables

shload

Has anyone upgraded or changed out to a new cable? I have what I think is a stock RCA to DIN on my LP12. I have been getting some ground problems and have ordered new leads and thought maybe I would try a new tonearm cable as well. Ideas on a cable??

Thanks

Joe

You mean you want to replace the tonearm wire? That's a tedious and not always so easy job. Wire guages of 28 and 30 aren't so easy to work with. And the disassembly/reassembly of the arm is usually quite painful.

Allan S. recommended BritAudio when I enquired about this very same question. The old frayed tonearm wires in my SME 3009 were shot to say the least, so I followed his recommendation, and was pleasantly surprised at the out standing work BritAudio did for me.

Here the link,..... BRITAUDIO , don't know if he does your tonearm type, but it'll be easy enough to find out.

Good luck,

Gilbert

Been considering upgrading my LP12 tonearm cable as well...what cables are you considering?

By the way, don't forget trying Linn directly. I'm not sure what your budget is but they offer new phono cables and upgraded phone cables. I had my Linn in for service a couple of years ago and purchased a new phono cable assembly for about $225.00 Way more that I usually would pay for a pair of interconnects, but for my Linn, it's was nice little excessive touch.

http://www.linn.co.uk/find_a_retailer_detail/country/US

I was going to ask what your connector/connection is to the tonearm base. Now, my question is whether a stiff DIN wire might degrade the Linn's suspension. Knowing how tricky it can be, I myself would prefer a Linn cable. MHO.

That's a very good point. If you believe the Linn literature, the cable and the way it is mounted plays a roll in the overall suspension.