HARMON KARDON 430

DIXIEWELDER

Wow if its almost seased up, I bet its seen its day. My hk430 volume controll is real easy to turn after I gave it a cleaning with caig deoxit. Take the cover off of the amplifier and see if you can see whats binding up on the volume controll. Maybe a few drops of oil on the shaft of the volume controll if you can get to it might loosten it up but I doubt it. Try some 3 in 1 oil and see if you can do any good . keep the oil off of the wiper part of the volume controll only use deoxit on this part. Good luck maby it will come unseased.

It's likely that when you cleaned the pots, you got some trash/gunk caught up in there, and once the cleaner dried, it cause the pot control to stick. Personally, IMHO, deoxit is a good cleaner, but not a lube, that's why I use the cleaner/lube combo, instead. Give it another good cleaning, but use regular radio shack contact cleaner /lube this time and see what happens. With those pots open like they are in the back, there is lots of opportunity for crap to get into them, and it has taken me up to four or five good cleanings to get some pots on old H/K's clean AND turning like butter. I have actually had little chunks of hardened **** fall out after a second or third cleaning on old H/K pots!! Some of it had old tiny insect carcasses, webs, hard grease-looking stuff, etc., all petrified into a hard chunk!! But once it all was removed, the controls were SMOOTH!