upgrade speakers

tercero6869

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx

That link shows a couple systems in your price range. The F1 system (which you mentioned) and also the RF-10 system. I would highly recommend either of those over the Quintet III system unless you need the smaller speakers that the Quintet system has.

Between the F1 and RF-10 system the RF-10 would get my vote.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably missed you on this but.....

I would get the RF-52 system. You could get that from Best Buy / Magnolia on a price match for around 1480.00 (whatever 20% off MSRP is). I think that would be a jammin' musical and HT system. BB met a local dealer's price (20% off) and gave me 2 years with no interest.

I'm in Daytona Beach, FL. I don't know if all but..a lot of BB stores have added a Magnolia Audio/Video section to their stores.

The only problem....while you can get RF-82, 62, and 52 mains there, you can only get RC 52, RS 42 and RW-10d as add ons.

I ended up with RF-82, RC 52, RS 42 and RW 10d. At first, I was disappointed with the overall sound and thought I wanted a different sub and center. I went to a local dealer selling Klipsch and didn't see a lot of difference (it was there but not like night and day) after playing with all the options. Played with my system for a month. Once I got it dialed in....I am totally thrilled. What really made this system sing was Cross over at 45 on the sub, set all speakers to LARGE, and Bi-wired the 82s to A/B on receiver output for mains.

I may have bought the system from the local Klipsch dealer but he would only go 15% off and did not have a same as cash finance plan. I didn't need the financing but...If I can get 20% off and 24 months no interest (which I got at BB/Magnolia), then I'm going to take it.