Have two Sunfire subs which dance on hardwood floors.

jcr

• 2 weeks later...

1) get peice of granite, marble, heavy steel, or something else very heavy and flat

2) cut to the size of the sub's base

3) drill holes at the dimesnion of where the foot screws are (bore a slightly larger hole on the underside to countersink the bolt heads)

4) Get some bolts and nuts the same size as the thread on the sub foot screw downs

5) Attach the base to the sub leaving some space between the sub and the base (more so if down firing)

Sealed enclosures require more wattage than ported enclosures. The extra power is required to work the driver against the "air spring" or resistance the cone encounters when compressing the air that's in the sealed box. Ported enclosures do not have to overcome that obstacle.

• 3 weeks later...

The new SVS Ultra 13 is a better choice money wise.

The best choice is the Epik Conquest,same price as the SVS ultra...18 inch ultra long throw driver(around 70 plus lbs driver alone)in a ported box ! All for $1599 !!! Beats the commercial subs into the ground with ease...EASE.

Stick a fork in brand name garbage. A fork

Epik,SVS,JL and Audio Pulse(TC Sounds) ... beat the competition into submission. Damn right.

I don't see what you guys don't like about these subs, I have the D-10 it's tiny (1 square foot) and it has great sound and impact......

Its like having a porsche, yeah that car you thought was fast ain't that until you have it....... A subwoofer is not a subwoofer until you felt it

I don't see what you guys don't like about these subs, I have the D-10 it's tiny (1 square foot) and it has great sound and impact......

Its like having a porsche, yeah that car you thought was fast ain't that until you have it....... A subwoofer is not a subwoofer until you felt it

Similarly it's like having a Porsche Boxter and then taking a Lamborghini Murcielago out for a drive. The Boxter is a nice car but the Murielago is in a whole different league.

Sunfire D-10,yes I have the D8 and D12...fine computer subs.They stomp LoudTech and LoudMedia fart machines into oblivion. But for serious music or HT(with the faker than fake not so Holly Wood movies) a serious sub or multiples are the way to go.

Serious sub to me starts with a JL Audio f112,SVS classic Ultra ...HSU VTF3 are the bare minimum what I consider potent. Maybe I got used to better gear,who knows.

One LMS-5400 18" provided it has at least a bridged Crown XTi4000 in a stout box and all proper filters applied beats pretty much all commercial including the Epik Conquest. The Conquest retails for $1600 and you get a driver close to a LMS plus a 1KW amp and all wraped in a very solid box !

However at the retail they(Audio Pulse) are showing a poor value,I can get TWO Epik Conquest subs !!! Beat me two 18" drivers capable of a FULL THREE INCHES of excursion in vented configurations backed by 2KW of power....

Hey throw value out the window,the LMS is the top dog.And top shelf performance always costs ...MUCH MORE.