House of Klipsch 2 ch room

colterphoto1

"I'll hook up a real CD player soon and give a listen. I'd hate for the Sansui to be sounding that gritty."

Michael,

A dollar against a donut you don't have the AU-9900 set right. When I first fired it up it was very unimpressive to me also. I happened to be talking to Groomlakearea51 on the phone at the time and within 5 seconds he had given me a quick "map" of the control settings. It sounded fantastic. Give him a call and have him give you the settings like he did me. He knows these so well he is able to tell you the settings on the phone.

Harry

BTW, Call BEC and get the rbld kit for the Khorns. They are very tired and noisy. I'll rebuild them for you N/C. Bring the Thorens with you and I'll go over it and get it set up for you.

Harry

• Moderators

Come on man, wipe your chin ..... Geez !!!!!!! ... Dtel, who has those thigh shots from the Wedding, post those again, and give Coytee something to drool about !

Hey Pops...you want something to drool about?

I told the Dtels that if they ever needed to pose that picture again and needed yet another leg... they could use mine...[+o(]

Hey OB,

Coytee and Dr. Who both offered a leg if we wanted to shoot that garter pic again.....Coytee even agreed to let us use the "wax removal process" to get all the hair off his leg! Dr. Who changed his mind when I mentioned "hot wax hair removal", but agreed to shaving his leg.[;)]

I should have taken them up on the offer, posted the pic and labeled it "Troublemaker and Punk....Can you guess which one?"[;)]

"I'll hook up a real CD player soon and give a listen. I'd hate for the Sansui to be sounding that gritty."

Michael,

A dollar against a donut you don't have the AU-9900 set right. When I first fired it up it was very unimpressive to me also. I happened to be talking to Groomlakearea51 on the phone at the time and within 5 seconds he had given me a quick "map" of the control settings. It sounded fantastic. Give him a call and have him give you the settings like he did me. He knows these so well he is able to tell you the settings on the phone.

Harry

BTW, Call BEC and get the rbld kit for the Khorns. They are very tired and noisy. I'll rebuild them for you N/C. Bring the Thorens with you and I'll go over it and get it set up for you.

Harry

Thanks Harry,

What's to 'set up' on the Sansui? I just treat it like my camera and turn all the extra stuff off. No eq, no filter, no fancy schmancy anything. Straight line with gain, right fellas?

"What's to 'set up' on the Sansui? I just treat it like my camera and turn all the extra stuff off. No eq, no filter, no fancy schmancy anything. Straight line with gain, right fellas?"

Michael,

I thought so too. The little square buttons do make a big difference. What's it gonna hurt to ask"

Harry

You betcha; those filter buttons really work and you can really customize the sound with them. CP1 really needs to change out the caps on those K-horns though. I have the same problem with one pair. I have the caps/crossovers back from BEC, but ran out of closed cell foam tape until it arrives. But they absolutely sound bad on the designated 11000. I can really tell because the other two pairs have "new" BEC A/AA's. When the caps dry out, especially on an AK or AK2, it's awful....