OT: Scam the Ebay Scammer

Daddy Dee

Dee: Love it!!! Establishing a "fake" ebay account just for doing this also helps!!! There's one I'm working on right now as we speak!!! The scammers are also trapped by photos. Unless you actually have the item, it's real hard to take a new picture.... Since I have very good recall on certain items, I can remember where I saw it before. [:D]

Usually scammed auctions are run from stolen accounts, so the bill probably went to the original owner, not the scammer.

I remember reading a web page where a guy had a laptop up for auction and the winning bider sent him a phoney check. He contacted Ebay and they could not do anything etc. etc. What he did was made a cardboard box wrote Dell on the cover and filled it with some broken laptop parts. The buyer was oversees somewhere. To get even he sent the package where customs or insurance or some fee of some sort had to be paid by the receiver. Anyway it was based on the value of the package which the seller set unreasonably high. The receiver had to pay several hundered dollars to get the box of broken parts. He did get confirmation that the item was received and fees paid.

JM