What the heck do you guys do with half working equipment???

Tom Adams

If it is not too late, ...... are you able to decoupple the preamp from the amp? in other words, use it for a power amp, say in the HT to take the load off the AVR for the main speakers..... that is providing that it has pre IN jacks.

Just a thought as I also have a hard time letting go of old gear until the magic smoke comes out that is!

In short - yup, too late. Trash man done come & gone.

I must admit that it was tough to drop in the trash can a pristine looking piece of gear, but I just had to remind myself that it no longer wanted to look at me, so why should I look at it. LOL.....

Tom

I usally head to the trash can with gear that partially works...but my son...has convinced me that there are folks looking for half broke stuff so they can fix their half broke stuff.

The last piece of equipment that was half broke when on ebay and I got 300 bucks for it. The buyer had another unit tha was also half broke, but between the two, he was back in buisness.

I do this:

http://www.freecycle.org/

There is almost nothing you can name that someone won't come and get if it is free. It seems more useful than going into a landfill. When we moved we unloaded mountains of stuff using free cycle. It would otherwise have ended in the landfill.

Try it, it's free!

Mark, Great Post. I belong to Freecycle and It does help.

Harry

hell- I keep non working equipment hoping that I will run across some electronics student or somebody that would enjoy tearing into it and maybe even fixing it for some rent money. Got a plie of it right now.

As for half @ss working equpiment...... I sold all my Bose stuff and bought klipsch