Basically new to the sound of Klipsch

It's funny how you never know you're listening to bad speakers until you get some good ones.

Was lucky enough 2 years ago to find a pair of KG4's at a thrift store for the unheard of price of $30.00. They sounded so good I replaced my Cerwin Vegas with them which were serving as B speakers for stereo and also as surrounds Coupled with a pair of Kenwood KL777's up front (which I had also purchased at the very same thrift store for $23.85. And I was content with the sound which I thought was awesome...until

A month ago I ran across a pair of Klipsch Tangent 500's (this time a different thrift store), again unheard of price of $30.00.

I replaced the Kenwoods with the Tangents and it was like discovering music all over again. The sound is almost perfectly matched all the way around.

Next project is a true audiophile receiver.

Great sound on a beer budget is possible with patience and a little luck.

Added 10-10-07......

Here's the rest of the system with prices paid and where it was obtained.

Kenwood KAV7500 Surround Amp...paid $100 at a pawn shop

Kenwood KT-592 Tuner,,,paid 12.00 at a thrift store / Technics SL-QL1 Linear Turntable...9.00 Thrift Store

Pioneer SG-9500 Equalizer..20.00 at a yard sale / Technics PD-887 CD Player...Christmas Gift

Sharp RT-100 Cassette Deck...gift from friend / Akai GX-4000D Reel...50.00 at a yard sale

KLH-CE Center Speaker..90.00 at Best Buy(retail) / Cyberhome DVD...50.00 retail

The Klipsches were purpchased locally at Goodwill and Last Chance Thrift Store, turntable from Value Village Thrift Store.

Looking at the list, you see why I said next will be true audiophile receiver..and have thought seriously about a tube type before I made this post. If some of you good people out there could give me some pointers on what to look for, I would really appreciate it

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum...you picked up a pair of highly favored speakers...kg4s...not many have the Tangents but those are nice too...now listen to them, update them, mod them and move up the line...(kidding, it is a sickness [;)] ) but stick around ...

I bumped this over to 2-Channel...you'll get a lot better discussion in there [;)]

But, hey welcome to the Klipsch Community!

I've come across a few great deals at the Goodwill thrift stores near me too... Sansui TU-717 Tuner - $25, Sansui AU-717 Integrated Amp - $25, Sansui 660 Stereo Receiver - $10, Pioneer SX-3700 Receiver - $15, ADS L-710 Speakers $50...

I haven't found any Klipsch equipment yet though...I guess people in Greenwood know good speakers and don't donate them!? LOL

Good luck with more finds!