Lost in translation

mungkiman

Had a friend in high school. He had a German foreign exchange student living with him.

We were at the grocery store. He saw Schlitz beer there. He started laughing, wondering why we had a beer named this. We said it was German, he said, not exactly.[:S]

In Germany, he said that that word meant something similar to the bottle above, a certain rather crude word that brings to mind feline animals...[:o]

Always laugh when I see that beer.[:|]

Paul

Had a friend in high school.  He had a German foreign exchange student living with him.

We were at the grocery store.  He saw Schlitz beer there.   He started laughing, wondering why we had a beer named this.  We said it was German, he said, not exactly.[:S]

In Germany, he said that that word meant something similar to the bottle above, a certain rather crude word that brings to mind feline animals...[:o]

Always laugh when I see that beer.[:|]

Paul

Most girls will not take beer to the beach, for fear of getting sand in their Schlitz.

The Johnnie Worker picture I posted I was from the travel blog of a
friend of a co-worker of mine, currently in China. If they don't let
him bring home the bottle, I expect he will at least bring home the
labial.

I uploaded it to engrish.com today.

Even in my local Safeway grocery store, I recently saw a sign in the broccoli display that read: "stream and enjoy"!