Quartets..?...

PhilMays

I have been tossing around different Klipsch ideas for a two channel system. Currently I have some Mirage, Polk, and am working on AR2AX (thanks HarryO) to get them in line as well. I toggle between them. It would be very easy for me to get some Reference series Klipsch in there, but that's not what I want.

I would love some Belle's and am waiting for the right time/deal.

On Ebay I found some quartets within driving range for me for $400. Is this a good deal. What do you pro's know about these speakers in comparison to other Klipsch speakers. These are not Heritage I am assuming, so....any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

The Quartet is part of the extended Heritage line and is right below the Forte' II in the line up. Should be a fabulous sounding speaker featuring a 10" woofer, 12" passive radiator, a tractix midrange horn and the same tweeter as the Forte' II I believe. For more specs search Klipsch's discontinued products for "Quartet"

I got mine for a steal (actually felt bad about it) at $225 and used them prior to my La Scalas. They took everything my NAD 763 was able to throw at them, and deemed "d a m n e d spiffy" (damned nannybot) by a sophisticated Cornwall owner.

$400 may be near that "market price/good deal/too much" triple-point, but you won't be disappointed in them. Check eBays' Completed Auctions (advanced search option) for current market conditions.

The biggest issue with the Quartet is that they are just too low to the ground. The Heresy takes care of the problem by angling back on the riser. You will know exactly what I mean if you compare listening to them sitting on the floor and then on up on the couch. I suppose if you had the room to move far enough back, it would be less of an issue, but the size of the Quartet limits how much [sound] space can be filled. They do a very respectable job if you rise the speaker off the floor, so that the tweeter is closer to ear level while sitting (~ 6 additional inches ).