Chorus II's

customtronic

First off...forgive my ignorance. I'm more of a high end car audio guy. I don't spend a lot of time in the house so I've pretty much forgotten about tunes in anything but my car. I own two different pairs of home speakers...a pair of Chorus II's and a pair of KM4's. I considered selling it all and starting over. The few people that showed interest didn't have the funds so I just decided to keep it all for now. My question is this....I now need a nice 2-channel amp and a CD player to bring my Chorus II's back to life. I don't want to got nuts on the cost but I do want quality gear. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance for the help.

Crown D-45 with stereo passive preamp (attenuator / volume control) and source selector if needed.

The Crown is a pro. amp and has balanced or 1/4" phone jack input.

If you're interested, research the equipment and understand how it all connects and works. I find the Crown to be a perfect match with Chorus-II. Some here say the Crown D-70 sounds as good. I don't know.

Leo

Oh, I meant to write: D75 series 2 (not D70). Thanks, Duke, for the correction. I'm less likely to screw up the "D-45" because I can read it off the amp front panel from where I sit at the computer listening to the "La Stravaganza" SACD by Rachel Podger and Arte Dei Suonatori. The Crown and Chorus-II bring this recording sooooo close to the live sound.

Leo

I found a few Crown D75's on ebay at very good prices. I noticed that it uses phono plugs or a 3-pin connector for an input instead of an RCA. Can I buy a quality cable or adapter to connect a CD player with RCA outputs to this amp? Thanks again.

Yes, I think something like this would do just fine to adapt RCA to the quarter inch.

http://www.audioadapter.com/product.aspx?p_id=232775&d_id=25223

post-11993-13819349716396_thumb.jpg

Just as a point of clarification, phono and rca connectors are the same. The 1/4 inch are phone plugs, and a slightly differrent version of what was once used in telephone patch bays, when operators would manually connect you to the correct circuit. [:#]