BC Strikes Again

seti

Boy, that didn't take long ............ so much for stock sound ? Ol' BEC is quick on a sale ......... Your a lucky man Seti !!!!!!!!!!

Actually I would have to argue that I went with the stock A design and not a non-klipsch or newer klipsch crossover. It is of the correct vintage imo. I still have the original crossovers in the klipschorn cabinet they just aren't hooked up. I would have to bet that they sound more like they did when they came off the factory floor with these fresh A crossovers then with the 30year old crusty out of spec crossovers.

I ordered a pair of new A crossovers from Bob Crites for my newly acquired Khorns. The shipping was fast. They look and sound great. What is the other available tap on the autoformer?

Thanks again Bob : )

Iain,

If you are thinking of lowering the level on the squawker, you can do that by running it from tap 3. Hopefully, I'm not having an attack of amnesia, but seems like the factory default is the 4 tap. Moving from 4 to 3 will drop the squawker output by 3db. I used this setting all the time in my house in Scott. For the room there it sounded better to my ears.

Poor choice of words on my part I guess, but your still a lucky Man !!!!!!!!!!! Yes they are stock, but new none the less !!!!!!!!!

I didn't watch my caffeine intake today and seem to be annoying myself. If I am getting on my nerves where do I go?  Three Venti Coffees from starbucks before 11:00 wasn't the best plan.. Just smack me around if I get contankerous : ) or club me like a baby seal : )

I ordered a pair of new A crossovers from Bob Crites for my newly acquired Khorns. The shipping was fast. They look and sound great. What is the other available tap on the autoformer?

Thanks again Bob : )

Iain,

If you are thinking of lowering the level on the squawker, you can do that by running it from tap 3. Hopefully, I'm not having an attack of amnesia, but seems like the factory default is the 4 tap. Moving from 4 to 3 will drop the squawker output by 3db. I used this setting all the time in my house in Scott. For the room there it sounded better to my ears.

I may have to give that a try this evening. Thanks