Space Station Assembly

Rockets

Back in the late eighties some of the people with whom I worked at an Apple dealership went to Houston for training on Omnis3, a relational database for the Macintosh.

This was right before the SE style Macs were released, and the classroom was full of SE prototypes. The plastic shells were rough like putty or clay, and the instructor told us that they had been at the Johnson Space Center where the engineers were testing them in use for Apple prior to release to the public.

The one I used for the class had some files on it and one of them was a MacDraw of the station, back then called "Freedom". This was when the station was planned to be finished in 1992. The drawing (which I wish I had saved) showed a station four to five times larger than the finished version in the annimation. The printed drawing would be about 4 by 6 feet.

Little did I know then that five years later I would be in Houston working at JSC for ten years.