FS: (3) KT-90 EI Type III from Upscale Audio

doctorcilantro

This a good deal folks. KT90/99 are way stronger, and better sounding (IMO) than KT88. Run these in triode for a tasty treat.

Why are you selling these anyway? Upscale should be able to sell you one with similar matched value as the broken one. Doesn't the Quicksilver have bias/balance adjustment? If so, it really shouldn't make any difference to replace one with only 200 hours on them.

Kevin is low on these tubes...the closest match he has is too far off in bias. I'd keep them but I'm hoping somone has a need for three, I don't.

I wish I could keep them or find a match for these, I think these are all matched to a bias of around 48.

DC

This a good deal folks. KT90/99 are way stronger, and better sounding (IMO) than KT88. Run these in triode for a tasty treat.

Why are you selling these anyway? Upscale should be able to sell you one with similar matched value as the broken one. Doesn't the Quicksilver have bias/balance adjustment? If so, it really shouldn't make any difference to replace one with only 200 hours on them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll add a comment that I bought some KT-90's when I had my little Jolida amp. Someone on the forum had made this suggestion.

After a slight rebias, they WERE a more "stout" tube, offering a bit more bold bottom end than the stock tubes did. I definately liked the change in tubes.