rc-7 vs rc-64

pietsch288

I just bought 2 rf-7's for my mains a couple of weeks ago and I would like to pair them with the rc-7 but I can't find one for sale and when I do they are selling for 550-600, which is way too damn much. So I was thinking about using the rc-64 because they sell new for 700-750. What do you guys think???

ya I saw that thread but it doesn't really tell me anything one guy says he has the rc-64 with the rf-7's and loves it, and the next guy doesn't understand how thats possible. I guess what I'm looking for is a couple of people that have AB them with rf-7's. I realize that a rc-7 would be the "be all end all". But my understanding is that the rc-64 is just a hair softer and smoother but with better diolog than the rc-7. So as long as its softer and smoother and not harsher and briter I would think it would blend just fine.

I just bought 2 rf-7's for my mains a couple of weeks ago and I would like to pair them with the rc-7 but I can't find one for sale and when I do they are selling for 550-600, which is way too *** much. So I was thinking about using the rc-64 because they sell new for 700-750. What do you guys think???

Welcome to the Forum pietsch288.
Put me on the side of thinking that the RC-7 would be a better match and I don't think $600 for a clean RC-7 is too much. Fwiw, I am going to be putting one up for sale, along with a nice pair of RB-75s and RS-7s. Unfortunately, I will be selling these locally and won't be letting them go for bargain basement prices because I recognize the quality of these speakers. ;-) Good luck in finding what you are looking for.

Its not that I'm trying to steal one so to speak but they were selling brand new for 550.00 at my local klipsch dealer last year, the other is thing is the rc-64 sells brand new for 750.00 with full 5 year warrenty. So my point is why pay new price for used product IF the new stuff will do the same thing!!!!

I will be selling a very nice looking cherry rc-7 in the next couple of weeks along with some other misc audio stuff I have collected. I am only planning on selling the rc-7 because I have a custom made rf-7 center channel that has taken its place...almost. I am in the process of looking for the k-67 compression driver for the rf-7. As soon as I find that, I will list it on the garage sale site for well under $550. Going rate for these lately seems to be eratic on ebay, audiogon, etc from under $400 to over $600 depending of course on any modifications, condition, and finish. Keep an eye on the forum and I am sure something will pop up shortly.

Its not that I'm trying to steal one so to speak but they were selling brand new for 550.00 at my local klipsch dealer last year, the other is thing is the rc-64 sells brand new for 750.00 with full 5 year warrenty. So my point is why pay new price for used product IF the new stuff will do the same thing!!!!

I understand and appreciate Exactly where you are coming from.
That's why I am not going to try and sell these speakers to someone who doesn't know what they are getting. I see Home Theater as a vehicle to Art and there are certain things that just come together beautifully and the RB-75s/RC-7/RS-7s for under 2k would be hard to beat and are close to sublime in my book ;-)

I have already been in contact with the owner of that post. he said he will contact me if he can't sell it outright. He didn't know what it was worth so I broke the speaker down into four equally priced units (network, each woofer, and horn) so we will see what he has to say. But thanks for the heads up!