Best movie of 2007?

Colin

3:10 to Yuma - Reason: Reminds me of the classic "Unforgiven" type of western.

Live Free or Die Harder - Reason: Just a great smash-em up, techno thriller with Bruce doing what Bruce does best....

Transformers - Reason: While maybe not high on my personal list, it was a great movie for my son and his buddies (he's 9 years old and they are all into that sorta' stuff). And when the kids really like a movie (as in you buy a copy and they watch the usual 20 times), then it's a "great" movie.[Y]

Perhaps not the best movie but certainly a super watch was Mr Brooks. The gun shots on the RF-83's and RS-62's scared the livng c**p out of my wife and me. The DTS work was great on that note! It was nice to see Costner no over act the role and to have something completely out of character for him. Refreshing ......disturbing but refreshing.

Atonement certainly deserves its Academy Award nomination for Best Picture. I thought it should get some sort of sound edting or mixing award also, but instead, they have it up for

Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
Atonement” (Focus Features) Dario Marianelli
It is not better than "Old Country" or the "Debaters" though.

• 4 weeks later...