Lcd TV

srphelps

I just bought a LG 42 inch LCD TV and i love it. How ever it's not 1080p it's only 1080i I know p is the wave of the future. but it has such a clear bright picture I just can't see p being better what do you guys think? It's always been a debate with me LCD- Plasma- DLP so I finally made a choice now I hope I did not screw up

Personallu I think lcds will win over plasma. But I think also after seeing it that LED LCD will be the future (it uses leds instead of a ccfl cold cathode flourcent light) which means its more like a night bright in the back selectively choosing which led to turn on and which to turn off (important for the blacks to look black not gray)

We just purchased a plasma 720 but we brought that due to certain durability standards (glass screen).

I think sony officially stated no more rear projection tvs which I believe dlp is also under.

Where on earth have you seen this mentioned???

LCD 1080i here, not a single flicker, line, or half blank screen. Ever. Through multiple devices at 1080i including upscaled stuff through the receiver.