RB-81 vs. Heresy III

vnzbd

My wife has invited me to move out of our house. I expect my new place to be smaller in space that what I currently have. My current system consists of KLF-10 mains, C-7 center, KSP-S6 surrounds, and a 15" velodyne sub. The system is powered by a Marantz 8500 reciever (125w x 7). I expect to keep the Marantz but feel the rest of the system will be overkill

New system will be used 75/25 (music/movies). Musicical taste runs from rock to jazz to blues. A sub may not be an option depending on apartment living. I will probably start with 2 or 3 channel and do prefer the sound of 3 identical fronts.

I am currently looking at the RB-81 and the Heresy III. I have found no place to demo the heritage. Big price difference, but would like to do this only once so I could spring for the extra $.

I am looking for info on the difference is sound between the 2 different series of speakers.

Do they need to be pushed to sound good or dynamic or do they perform well at moderate levels?

Which speaker could I expect to be more satisfing without a sub?( I do have an SW8-II)

What other aspects should I be considering?

Thanks for all input-Happy New Year!

V,

So sorry to hear of your Misfortune.........been there, done that.
With both speakers you will want a Sub. The one you currently have will probably be fine , due to a Smaller living Area.
I am sure someone else will chime in, but I would go with the RB81's because it will be eaiser to match a Center speaker with it. Just my 2cents.

Take Care of Yourself, I wish peace and happiness for you in the Upcoming Year.

Also, sorry to hear of your situation. Keep your chin up, especially tonight.

I would easily choose the H3's at 75% music but i'm a heritage guy. Only took 2 posts to get 2 different opinions, cool.[;)]

Do a search for "reference vs. heritage"

Why not wait until you move before deciding whether you need to change your sound system? Picking new speakers before seeing where you'll be listening to them may not be the best way to go. As well, you're making big changes in your life. It's a good idea to minimize the unnecessary changes, since you've already got lots on your plate. Having something familiar to look at and listen to will help in the transition.

Best of luck with your fresh start in the coming year!

I feel your pain. I invited my girlfriend to move out New Years Eve, and she took my advice. (I like how you put that) Seems to be alot of that going around, good or bad. I guess I can watch movies how they were intended to be watched now. Sorry I dont have any advice on the primary question. Good luck on future endeavors.